Google Spreadsheet via mobile browser

spilt

Reaction score
I get this problem with either dolphin HD or the stock 2.1 browser on the Droid. The problem is simply its so slow.

I wanted to edit a spreadsheet from my phone so as not to get to my desktop to do the task. So I press the edit button, and count. Usually takes 14-17 seconds before the edit fields pop up. The cancel or submit button are comparable in times, though faster by about 5 seconds.

The connection is over wifi and with no other downloads going on, it didn't seem to be a net issue. But can't be sure. Its just as slow over 3g.

So I ask, is this the same for everyone else? I couldn't find answers via a google search so I came back to you guys.

Because of syncing issues I'd rather not try Gdocs, or spend 15 bucks on a pay app. Fixing this issue with the mobile browser would be best. But if everyone using the Droid has this kind of latency then I'll look into those options.

Thanks again.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I love me some google spreadsheet, but I have to say, I don't do anything except add starting mileage and ending mileage from my phone... Any modifications are done from my office at home.

I see you say you don't use google.doc

I'm not sure the issue with syncing, I probably have it, it just doesn't bother me or something I guess... Either way, what online spreadsheet are you using if not google? Like I said, I love me some google spreadsheet, but if there is something else out there, I'd love to try it.

the spreadsheet app, to me, is like a mortgage calculator app, sure it works, but why take up the memory when you have online spreadsheets that you can then print come tax time for free? just doesn't make sense why people would buy it

OP
S

spilt

Reaction score
I only use google spreadsheet, but I can't access it via phone because its 14-17 seconds from when I click the edit button to when I can put input in. its not viable at the moment.

I tried using gdoc but it won't let me edit from the app. Seems to be just a viewer which isn't practical.

I just want a spreadsheet app because using the online spreadsheet from the phone isn't practical. 14 seconds per edit? I'll pass. Ideally I want an app that I can edit locally on my phone (super fast) and syncs with google docs, then I don't have to worry about accessing the mobile google docs site from my phone browser which is broken it seems.

hacksaw

Reaction score
I only have a delay of a couple of seconds after hitting edit before I can enter data. I wonder if it has to do with the complexity of the spreadsheets you are trying to open.