Can't get rid of undesired page in browser.

pgsmick

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I visited my bank's (BankOfAmerica) website using the stock browser that came with the Bionic. Now, every time I use the browser's BACK button, I eventually get back to a secure bank bank webpage( https://...), and the browser issues a dialog box pertaining to the resending of POSTDATA ("The page you are trying to view contains data that has already been submitted... If you resend..."). The choices are OK or Cancel. Pressing OK just re-opens the dialog box, pressing Cancel leaves me at a blank page with the bank's URL still in the address window, and Pressing the browser BACK button similarly launches the dialog box. To break out of the loop, I have to go to my bookmarks and open some other page, or type a new address into the browser's URL box. Then, I have to be careful not to hit the BACK button one too many times, or I'll be back doing the BankOf America dance.

How can I get this page out of the browser's BACK list? I have tried going to Bookmarks, made sure that the bank's page is not showing behind the Add icon, and then clearing history. This has been the technique I have used before to successfully get unwanted pages out of the BACK history list. But this bank page is stuck in there and I can't get it out and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance for any help you can suggest.

Peter.