Google Spotlight Player now available for the Droid Turbo (maybe others)

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tried this a few weeks ago and also could not download Help.

Is it worth it the trouble to try again?

It's hard to say. Did you like the others? Do you want to download a 1GB file to your phone? Is it something I will use / watch all the time? No. For me, it was nice to see Google taking the functionality that was only available to the Moto X the past 2 years and make it available to other phones.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I loved all the animated ones. Watched them on someone's Moto X. Tried one on my phone to see how well it worked. So... yea. I'm into them. :D

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I just tried it and works great. But you definitely have to be somewhere that you can move around a bit to watch.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It will look even better on your new custom Moto X! :)
Yeah...About that...We'll see if I get approved for a Moto credit account. Guessing the news won't be good because they told me I'd hear from them by mail in about 10 days. I'm in a rebuilding period right now. If they say yes, I'm getting it. If not, I guess I'm sticking with the Note 4. Even if VZW offered me one on the edge plan when the Note's paid off, I wanna go Moto Maker or nothing at all.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You'll get it. I hear they are pretty forgiving on credit scores.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Mine isn't HORRIBLE, but I'm coming to the end of a debt reduction plan that involved cancelling and stopping payment on credit cards and placing money in a special purpose account and having this company negotiate for me, so it did take a hit. Although, I did just pay my car loan off, so maybe it's inched up a bit since I last checked it. Good news is, when I'm officially done, only debt I'll have is my student loan. Had a little loan from Lending Club that should be just about paid off as well, though I'm not sure how/if that affects credit in the same way.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahhh credit...the next way that banks and other desk jockies mess with your life..even if you're honest..smdh..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Jonny Kansas, do what mehr4x4 did
I got it to work. I cleared the apps data, uninstalled and re downloaded the app. Now it let me download "help"

Sent from my Droid phone

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's much farther than I got. Trying the clear data & reinstall trick now. So far, I'm getting farther than I did before. Probably because I was using spotty WiFi at work on the first try.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's much farther than I got. Trying the clear data & reinstall trick now. So far, I'm getting farther than I did before. Probably because I was using spotty WiFi at work on the first try.
Seems to have worked. It said it's downloaded now. Eating supper & watching Fear the Walking Dead now though.