Google sky problems

jason638

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any problems using google sky map or any other star maps. I used this app a ton with my OG Droid, never had a problem. For some reason its all screwed up on the Razr, it doesn't track across the sky at all. Just curious if anyone else came across this. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

furbymac

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure but I think they stopped support for Google sky before the razr came out

iguanad

Reaction score
I had issues with it as well. I found out it works fine if you keep it in portrait mode. When you turn it sideways out acts up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Shame, really. It's a cool app, and educational.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jason638

Reaction score
Yeah I loved it.

gling

Reaction score
This is a known problem for quite a few Razr owners. My first Razr had trouble with not only Google Sky but Maps and any compass app I tried to use. There have been a number of threads here dealing with it and it's also a topic on Motorola's support site and Google's mobile support. I believe it's a conflict between Google's product not playing well with certain versions of Gingerbread. I ended up taking my first one back for a replacement and the new one works fine.
Hopefully ICS will eventually resolve the problem.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...e-sky-not-working-correctly-anybody-else.html

OP
J

jason638

Reaction score
Seems that's the case. I downloaded skyeye, and i'm getting a warning popping up saying irregular magnetic field. Hope this gets cleared up