Google Selects Key Lime Pie To follow Up Jelly Bean?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
keylimepie.jpg

Rumor has surfaced on the codename of the iteration of Android that will follow Jelly Bean. If you are new to Android, Google is known for its pattern of naming new versions of Android after desserts, and according to a "reliable source close to the Verge" the search company has chosen "Key Lime Pie" as the "K" dessert for the Android update that will come after Jelly Bean. No other details on Key Lime Pie were given. No version numbers or time frames. This is not surprising, seeing that we haven't even seen or heard anything about Jellybean other than the version number. The codename can now be put to rest if this rumor holds up. Until then, we are sure this name will stick until something official leaks.

Key Lime Pie does seem fitting though, don't you think?

Source: The Verge

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'd rather have Klondike Bar :frown:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have Klondike Bar :frown:

Copyrighted.

I think Key Lime Pie was what they would have to go with. How many desserts start with 'K'? Man, what a challenge it will be when they get to 'Q' or 'X'. Lol.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Copyrighted.

I think Key Lime Pie was what they would have to go with. How many desserts start with 'K'? Man, what a challenge it will be when they get to 'Q' or 'X'. Lol.

I'm sure they could have worked something out.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
The bigger question: what will "L" be?

Lemon merengue pie? Probably not. They already have one pie.

Linzer cookies?

Lactose-free chocolate pudding?

:D

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
They may want to mix in a veggie here and there or we will all be chubby diabetics! ;)

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Man, I'm still rockin' Gingerbread on my OG Droid 1 and I've yet to get a chance to tinker with HoneyComb or ICS - this is too fast. Google needs to stop coming out with new versions of Android and just stick with making a version that works right. (they also need to dump motoblur) I think with eclair and froyo we had several revisions but now it seems like they have one revision at most per full fledged new version name. I'm going to go into a diabetic coma with all these desserts.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Man, I'm still rockin' Gingerbread on my OG Droid 1 and I've yet to get a chance to tinker with HoneyComb or ICS - this is too fast. Google needs to stop coming out with new versions of Android and just stick with making a version that works right. (they also need to dump motoblur) I think with eclair and froyo we had several revisions but now it seems like they have one revision at most per full fledged new version name. I'm going to go into a diabetic coma with all these desserts.

They've always released android versions fairly quick.

Original (1.0) September 2008
Cupcake (1.5) April 2009
Donut (1.6) September 2009
Eclair (2.0) October 2009
Eclair (2.1) January 2010
Froyo (2.2) May 2010
Gingerbread (2.3) December 2010
Honeycomb (3.0) February 2011
Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) October 2011

They seem to be right on track with Jelly and Key Lime.

gchave

Reaction score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. How about we focus on getting our phones running ICS.this is our problem we always look ahead way to early, lets work om what we got and make it worth keeping around so we dont have to trade it in for a new desert.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Oo! Oo!
My guess for "L"!

Licorice

Lemon Drop

Lemon Meringue

acorn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Are you kidding me?

Already talking about JellyBean, Key Lime Pie.

I don't even have Ice Cream update on my Bionic!

Isn't that like talking about the new 2015 model year car when we don't have 2013 and 2014 models to drive?

Take is cheap, lets deliver.

If I sound angry, I am not, I find this humorous.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I think everyone is freaking out over nothing. They are probably deciding on a name, nothing else, and a code base for it hasnt even been started yet more then likely since Jelly Bean is likely in the early alpha stages.

Gingerbread had 4 or 5 revisions I believe.
Honeycomb had 1 or 2 I think.
ICS is on revision 4 I believe.

Nothing has changed in terms of revisions other then HC coming up short but given that HC was discontinued to combine with GB to form ICS.

I have ICS/CM9 on my D2G and pretty much everything works just fine, except the camera(for now). Some apps dont work right, but thats the devs fault, not Google's. ICs has been out since October, surely they could have found some time in past 6 months to update there apps or get help if they get stumped on something.