Google Play store won't install apps?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I am trying to install apps from Google Play through my phone as well as through the website online and it says installing but its not in my apps. What could be wrong? I deleted a bunch of apps I ahve plenty of room for more. thanks I also rebooted the phone.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Yeah, clear data, cache, restart, the usual trio.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
In the past, I have had times when it took the PS hours to download my apps. It seemed to get resolved and I haven't had the issue in months. It's most likely a PS issue.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
When you go online to the Play Store to download, does it show your device or an unknown device?

Tapped from a Moto X

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try clearing the cache and data on Google play services.. And on Google play store.. Force stop both apps and reboot your device.. You should be good to go..

doogald

Reaction score
Try clearing the cache and data on Google play services.. And on Google play store.. Force stop both apps and reboot your device.. You should be good to go..

FWIW, clearing data on the Play Store app will clear cache as well. Whenever this happens to me (not all that often), that's the first thing that I do, and then restart the Play Store app. It will ask you to accept terms again, and then it always fixes for me. You don't have to restart the phone after if you do just that step. That's what I would try first.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How do u clear data?
Go to Settings > Apps > Scroll over to All Apps > Scroll through the list and tap the app you want > Then the Clear Data button. It will do just what it says....clear data from that app....all settings, passwords, data, etc. You will have to log back in and setup that app again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bubbanbrenda

Reaction score
The day before yesterday I couldn't so much as look at/search anything beyond the home screen of the store, yesterday I could look around but couldn't open/download anything. So far today everything back to normal.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk