Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 5 - True Game Changer!
The pixel 5 is going to be a true game changer and make a big impact in the smartphone world!
The google pixel 5 is the upcoming smartphone from google and its incredible! unlike other releases from google the pixel 5 is set for flagship camera performance at a mid range cost. The google pixel 5 makes the right compromises to deliver it in the upper mid range section. Today we go through the specs, design, launch & price of the google pixel 5. We have an official trailer video as well as a hands on unboxing review of the google pixel 5.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Pixel 4a: First 10 Things To Do!
The best Google Pixel 4a video isn't a review or an unboxing. Nope, it's this one, the first 10 things to do with the Pixel 4a, because we are going to show you how to get setup right away and start dominating life with your new Google phone. We cover setup, fingerprint reader tricks, powerful gestures, Live Caption, Google Assistant, taking a screenshot, and more!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 5 - FINALLY...
Google Pixel 5 first look & hands on leak. Full new design with slim bezels, Ultra Wide angle, Oled 90Hz, Amazing price & More!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 5 - IT'S HERE
Google Pixel 5 has been revealed through live images which show that it may not be called Pixel 5 after all. Google could call the 5G version Google Pixel 5S and the 4G version the Google Pixel 5 Google is expected to launch the Pixel 5 on September 30th.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like all the rumors about the Pixel 5 so far. Size seems to be a mystery still, I have seen rumors of 5.7", 5.8" and 6". I guess we will know for sure soon. I'm OK with a 760 / 765 processor, I'm sure it will do just fine with stock Android...and the price will be great. I am shocked to see Google give up on Project Soli and do away with Face Unlock only, and no Soli sensors. Seems like they threw in the towel pretty quick on that idea.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I like all the rumors about the Pixel 5 so far. Size seems to be a mystery still, I have seen rumors of 5.7", 5.8" and 6". I guess we will know for sure soon. I'm OK with a 760 / 765 processor, I'm sure it will do just fine with stock Android...and the price will be great. I am shocked to see Google give up on Project Soli and do away with Face Unlock only, and no Soli sensors. Seems like they threw in the towel pretty quick on that idea.

Yup a shame they gave up early on the project... I know the processor will be fine... Thinking 5.7 or 5.8 screen... I'm most likely passing on it ..

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
Google Pixel 5 - FIRST LOOK!
Google Pixel 5 first look has been revealed and it shows a rather quite large camera setup. Google will unveil Google Pixel 5 and Google Pixel 5 XL in October this year.

Really looks interesting

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
I apologize for coming to this discussion so late, but my interest in the Pixel just peaked when I received an advertisement email from Google. What attracted me was the price, $350! Really?? I have a handicapped brother that lives with us and is on my Verizon account. I was thinking it may be a nice upgrade from his Motorola Z3.

I really like the specs that I have seen, but does anyone know if this phone supports wireless charging?

Thanks!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I apologize for coming to this discussion so late, but my interest in the Pixel just peaked when I received an advertisement email from Google. What attracted me was the price, $350! Really?? I have a handicapped brother that lives with us and is on my Verizon account. I was thinking it may be a nice upgrade from his Motorola Z3.

I really like the specs that I have seen, but does anyone know if this phone supports wireless charging?

Thanks!!
If you are asking about the Pixel 4a....then No it doesn't. Wireless charging is one of the things Google leaves out of the "a" series, to keep the price so low. The Pixel 5 is supposed to have wireless charging, but is also supposed to be $699, much more than the 4a.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 4a does not have wireless charging. The Pixel 5 that officially gets announced tomorrow is supposed to have it. The other phone that gets introduced at tomorrows event is the Pixel 4a 5G. I honestly don't know if that version of the 4a will or will not have wireless charging capability.

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Thanks for the responses. I think the price, plus some of the really nice specs makes this phone so tempting.

Does anyone here have the 4A, and if so, are you really pleased with it?

Sent from my Note 10 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure if anyone has the 4a yet, haven't seen any posts about it. My wife has had the 3a since January and really likes it. Google camera, smooth clean, pure Android OS, timely updates, all the other Pixel perks....and all for under $400.