DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_0003-jpg.77728

We have more live photos of the Google Pixel 2 which confirm the questionable design we had hoped not to see. According to these live images of the device we will have huge bezels and NO 3.5mm headphone jack. The Pixel 2 bezels do however appear to make room for the Nexus 6P like dual front facing speakers. The lack of front facing speakers was a huge complaint last year. The glass back panel will also be much smaller which gives it more of a Nexus 6P look. The leaker also suggested the in hand feel of the Pixel 2 was even better than that of the Pixel. While the Pixel 2 will have the larger bezels we still expect to see minimized bezels on the Pixel 2 XL. We should see an official announcement from Google on these devices soon.

via GSM Arena

Attachments

• gsmarena_0003.jpg
    gsmarena_0003.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,346

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So they did add the dual ff speakers, good job Google.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When's the rumored released date? About the same time as the iPhone 8?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
guess the postings are getting a little ridicules. I wish the pixel2 xl was being released a little earlier. I will be in the market for a new phone next month and it will be hard to wait for. too many other good phones out there.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I truly don't understand the reasoning behind android losing the headphone plug... I get Apple reason, but android.... o_O

kinfolk248

Reaction score
could it help with waterproofing?

On paper it's a viable idea but realistically there have been plenty of devices to overcome that. Also, other than a splash or two how much liquid do you really want to expose your phone to? I understand that yea splashing on the counter top, get caught in a rain shower, drop in the toilet, drop in a puddle, but come on. I'd really more emphasis be placed on screen resilience and/or battery optimization! Gorilla Glass is always 50% better yet still breaks, and batteries still need a babysitter at the end of the day...

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
On paper it's a viable idea but realistically there have been plenty of devices to overcome that. Also, other than a splash or two how much liquid do you really want to expose your phone to? I understand that yea splashing on the counter top, get caught in a rain shower, drop in the toilet, drop in a puddle, but come on. I'd really more emphasis be placed on screen resilience and/or battery optimization! Gorilla Glass is always 50% better yet still breaks, and batteries still need a babysitter at the end of the day...

me, I carry a sandwich bag in my wallet in case I am caught out in an heavy rain.

yes some manufacturers have ports and phones are waterproof too but here are limits based on the way the phone is designed. which brings another point as to why they are getting rid of the ports. case design. give more space for other stuff, apple even says it gave their phones 14 percent more battery life.

the reality is, you are stuck without one. just use a dongle if you want to use wire.