Google Now On Tap Translates From Any Screen!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google Now On Tap does a cool new trick. It is now able to translate from any screen on Android! This is a huge new piece of functionality. How annoying is it when you land on a page and get nothing but unreadable foreign characters. If you are in Google Chrome you normally get an option to translate, but if you land on a page like this from within an app you won't likely get an option to translate. With Now on Tap you can hold the home button and you will get the translate option!

There is now also a discovery mode. The option is within the Now On Tap Bar. If you choose the discovery option you will be given a stream of content including youtube videos, news articles and more giving you plenty of options to view interesting topics. There is also now an option to launch Now On Tap while your camera is hovering over a QR or Barcode giving you info on products in front of you quickly.

via InsideSearch

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is cool, I agree within that. I like Google Now On Tap. But...in the 6 years I have owned a smart phone I have never once landed on a page in a foreign language within an app.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's not foreign language translation . It's info translation of what is on that page.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

adaro

Banned
Reaction score
It work if the page is not texte but screen ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy s8 iphone 7 plus

Last edited: