Google Now Launcher Versus Default Launcher?

Clamshell

Reaction score
Saw this on another forum: For some reason on the Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid, the default launcher is not Google Now Launcher. This is a change of pace when looking at just about every other device that has recently been released by Motorola.
They don't give much detail as to the added benefits or possible downside of doing this.

Questions?
Any disadvantage to loading the Google Now Launcher? Would the Moto features and enhancements stay intact?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Both Google Now and Launcher 3 are pre-loaded on the phone... Launcher 3 was the default on my device. The "command center" widget worked with both of those launchers as well as Lucid and Nova and my side widget panel (appsii)...

The Moto app will still function the same with any launcher...

~sent while mobile~

OP
C

Clamshell

Reaction score
Both Google Now and Launcher 3 are pre-loaded on the phone... Launcher 3 was the default on my device. The "command center" widget worked with both of those launchers as well as Lucid and Nova and my side widget panel (appsii)...

The Moto app will still function the same with any launcher...

~sent while mobile~
Thank you for this and all your other posts on the Z Force.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Saw this on another forum: For some reason on the Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid, the default launcher is not Google Now Launcher. This is a change of pace when looking at just about every other device that has recently been released by Motorola.
They don't give much detail as to the added benefits or possible downside of doing this.

Questions?
Any disadvantage to loading the Google Now Launcher? Would the Moto features and enhancements stay intact?

Launcher 3 was the default on the Turbo 2 and Turbo also (probably the Maxx 2 also). I think the Moto X, G and E series all ship with the Google Now launcher, but the Verizon Droid phones ship with Launcher 3. Good to know that the Droid Z series has both pre-installed.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Does anyone use Nova Launcher Prime? It's been my launcher of choice for years. Since the Moto Z Force doesn't use a light for notifications, i may have to try something new. Anyone have any suggestions?:p

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Does anyone use Nova Launcher Prime? It's been my launcher of choice for years. Since the Moto Z Force doesn't use a light for notifications, i may have to try something new. Anyone have any suggestions?:p
I switch between Nova and Lucid and both function nicely.

With the Moto Display enabled, not having an LED light is okay for me. But of course, I know everyone has their personal preferences...

Congrats and good luck!

~sent while mobile~

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I switch between Nova and Lucid and both function nicely.

With the Moto Display enabled, not having an LED light is okay for me. But of course, I know everyone has their personal preferences...

Congrats and good luck!

~sent while mobile~
Thanks. That flashing red notification light has been a part of me since my Blackberry Bold days. It's time to cut the cord. I went to bluetooth headphones a few years ago, so i guess that i'll get over this, too.:p

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks. That flashing red notification light has been a part of me since my Blackberry Bold days. It's time to cut the cord. I went to bluetooth headphones a few years ago, so i guess that i'll get over this, too.:p
I switched to the Moto Display style active notifications in 2014. It took a little getting used to at first. Once I realized how much I liked it, I can never see myself using a phone with a blinking LED again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk