google navigation street view

swope1221

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was using google navigation and I know when you get to your destination it will automatically bring up the street view layer, but I also read and saw where it can show you you the street view layer at each turn on your route. I haven't gotten this to work on my moto droid (not rooted, stock 2.1). I have tapped on the screen, etc. but no go. I know it doesn't have every turn, but I live just north of Philly, so it's not like my street view would show a cow or something in the field. Thanks for letting me know if anyone else is or isn't seeing the same issue.

RoNYC

Reaction score
That's funny, I've used it before and it did show the street view at every turn. Not sure if you have to enable another layer to it. I'll check and get back to you.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hey everyone. I was using google navigation and I know when you get to your destination it will automatically bring up the street view layer, but I also read and saw where it can show you you the street view layer at each turn on your route. I haven't gotten this to work on my moto droid (not rooted, stock 2.1). I have tapped on the screen, etc. but no go. I know it doesn't have every turn, but I live just north of Philly, so it's not like my street view would show a cow or something in the field. Thanks for letting me know if anyone else is or isn't seeing the same issue.

Hmm Im just north of Philly too and I get the cows..<g>

tameone

Reaction score
If you double tap the screen during navigation, it will show you the next turn on street view. I don't think it can be set to automatically display street view on each turn, but I may be wrong.

OP
S

swope1221

Reaction score
At this point I would take the cows in the field at each turn :)

Ron, if you could post back after you try that would be great.

Tame, I have been tapping on the screen as I approach the next turn, but no luck.

I've also tried on my wife's droid, and get the same on her phone.