Google Navigation & Maps

eaEVO1

Reaction score
New here and not much of a forum person but I need to know what happened to my Navigation system on my EVO. Earlier today I tried using my navigation and my maps, neither app would open. Then my Sprint nav was requesting an update so I allowed it (I prefer the Google nav system by a mile). It updated and I used it because I was running behind. It worked fine. But my Google app is not loading. The Sprint nav is now Telenav and they want $4.99 a month for premium! Can somebody please help me get the Google nav and maps back. Or help me understand what happened.

Thanks
eaEVO1

lealowrie

Reaction score
Regarding Navigation

New here and not much of a forum person but I need to know what happened to my Navigation system on my EVO. Earlier today I tried using my navigation and my maps, neither app would open. Then my Sprint nav was requesting an update so I allowed it (I prefer the Google nav system by a mile). It updated and I used it because I was running behind. It worked fine. But my Google app is not loading. The Sprint nav is now Telenav and they want $4.99 a month for premium! Can somebody please help me get the Google nav and maps back. Or help me understand what happened.

Thanks
eaEVO1

I had my navigation disappear completely off my droid razor max last night. no where to be found!! I called Verizon and they had no clue. It was a pre loaded app told me they could rest everything and hope that it would come back. I am just using Google maps now and I see that they have updated it. So I am wondering if they are the ones that took it off. I also went to Google apps and tried to upload it and also got one that wants you to up grade, so that's not a option because its too annoying! Google Maps is working like the navigator did for the most part so going to work with it for a bit.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Only if you're rooted. Unless Motorola has a factory way of flashing firmware you'd have to flash back to that, then turn off auto updates for maps.

Pigeoned from Beer Tent Capital of the World

Purplfreak

Reaction score
Just uninstall the update and Navagator comes back. You'll lose your recent and favs but it will come back on Verizon.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Elryzor

Reaction score
I have to agree. The new maps really sucks. I had navigation yesterday but maps updated on the way to work this morning and navigation was nowhere to be found on my way home. I could get the suggested routes to come up through Google cards but could not find any way to get it to start navigating. Now that I'm home looking at the phone I can see the "start" button with the navigation symbol on the lower right. grrr not a friendly update at all without any prior notice.

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
Yep, Navigation app and icon now gone after Maps update. Now takes three steps within Maps to do what Navigation did with one. This is an improvement? BS! Restore the Nav app, Google, or streamline the functionality of Maps. Your latest "upgrade" of Maps is pure crap.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

tnronin

Reaction score
I'm an OTR driver and discovered this the hard way. I removed the update and now I'm sort of back to normal. I was allowed to integrate Sygic with my maps, not with this update. I'll run this old app until I can integrate. Sucks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
What? Do you mean "remove" and reinstall the new one? Also, the new what? Maps? There is no new Navigation app, just Maps. Please clarify.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

smbeach

Reaction score
I also had this problem, effective with the Google Maps update on 7/27. It is a bit cumbersome to get to, but if you go to Google Maps, type in an address, close Google Maps, go back in then at the top, you see the little icon that looks like it is turning from one road into another. Tap that. The address is there, click on it and when the new screen comes up, at the bottom it will say "Start". Click on that and you have navigation back, but there is no icon you can put on your homepages. You also cannot access it through People like you used to, it tries to bring up Verizon navigator - a paid app - on my phone. I hate this because I would save friends addresses and access it from there. Hope this helps!

reybie

Reaction score
Clear the default association of Verizon Navigator from the apps manager section so you can make it default to Google maps next time you click a map link or address.