Google Navigation lost sound

slchiu

Reaction score
Hi, don't know if anyone is experiencing this problem. When I tried to use the GPS navigation for directions... I'm not getting any sound. I can see the turn by turn direction on the screen but no sound.
Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Vsilverwood

Reaction score
me too!

I'm having the same problem, but it's not just googlemaps, it's all my alerts and applications. They go so quiet I can't hear them even with the phone pressed against my ear.

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
Hi, don't know if anyone is experiencing this problem. When I tried to use the GPS navigation for directions... I'm not getting any sound. I can see the turn by turn direction on the screen but no sound.

Thanks!

is your gps connected to the satellites? if not you wont get turn by turn voice commands . does the icon move when you drive?

OP
S

slchiu

Reaction score

Thanks!

is your gps connected to the satellites? if not you wont get turn by turn voice commands . does the icon move when you drive?
Yes, the icon is moving...every seems to work fine except no sound.
I check my volume and my alerts... they are working fine too.

Any help would be great! thanks.

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
the reason i asked about the satellites ,and some one correct me if im wrong here, is that if your maps and nav are useing wireless towers for your location instead of satellites you wont get the voice commands.easyway to check is turn off wirless networks and then go to maps and see if it can find your location. if not then satellites are not connecting.

bigbrewww1

Reaction score
i was having the same problem when i was in the car i then noticed i had my blue tooth on when i turned the bluetooth off on the phone walah the gps started talking hopes this helps you out

OP
S

slchiu

Reaction score
Hmm interesting... I will try turning off my BT... that would sux if that is the issue. My car has the integration BT system with my phone... oy.
Thanks for the info.

goboss

Reaction score
grrr... why should I have to turn off BT to keep my Navi sound... that is what fixed my similar dilehma.... hmmmm :icon_eek: