Droid Bluetooth to Autocom?

siman00

Reaction score
This may not be the right topical place to post this question, but an administrator can move it if needed.

I ride a motorcycle a lot and use a Garmin for navigation. With the Garmin, I have a separate cable that connects to the Autocom to provide the audible directions.

Since the navigation features are so good on the Droid, I was wondering if I can get the audible turn-to-turn directions via the bluetooth connection to my Droid? I can make and receive calls via bluetooth to the Autocom, but haven't tried getting gps information the same way.

Has anyone tried bluetooth to Autocom for GPS audible directions to see if it works?

allikanbe

Reaction score
Cool. I'll try that tomorrow. What bluetooth are you using? I have a zumo gps, b2b comm via kenwood radio, xm, and the droid. It would be nice to have a back up.
What are you riding? BMW K1200S here.

ronhawker

Reaction score
I have had the same results with the Bluetooth Chatterbox xbi2. I have been using that for a couple of years since it came out with a Blackberry 8330 Curve on bluetooth. Once I set that up I gave away my Ipod that I had been using for music to my Granddaughter. The Curve and now the Droid does everything. AND, the Google GPS is moving towards replacing my Garmin old Streetpilot that I have been using for years.

On top of that I found that the Motorola suction cup mount works like the Garmin Streetpilot sandbag mount. I mount it in front of my tankbag and secure it with the tank bag straps. The car dock set I got includes the Droid hard case with the built in dock mount. It has a spot on the back of the case to install a mount point or not. All in all a great solution.

OP
S

siman00

Reaction score
I have a Pro Sport 7 Autocom with an Autocom bluetooth dongle. Basically, the dongle receives and transmits for the Autocom, and the bluetooth on the phone talks to it. Not as pretty a solution as Zumo, but I like my SP 2720 better than the Zumo; hence that solution. Also have B2B with Kenwood, and Sirius radio for music.

So, now I have a backup GPS for the bike; a Droid!

My ride is a 1200 RT.

sdbaab

Reaction score
OK I believe everyone that Droids can be blue toothed to Autocom units but there must be a setting on the phone I am missing.

I can get the phone to communicate with the autocom but cannot get the autocom to transmit (via bluetooth) to the Droid (incredible). I can get the outbound voice if I connect the two units with a cable (3.5mm).

I have an autocom Super Pro AVi with an autocom Dongle. Anyone have any suggestion on what I am doing wrong?

sdbaab

Reaction score
outbound BT transmission from droid incredible not working

I believe everyone that the Droid can connect via autocom Bluetooth dongle to the autocom systems but when I try I can receive sound but cannot transmit without connecting with a 3.5 mm connection between the Droid and the Autocom Super Pro AVi. I assume there must be something on the phone I need to turn on/off to get the out bound voice to transmit to the dongle. Normal bluetooth headsets work fine.

Any suggestions?