Google Navigation and Winamp

micjmac

Reaction score
I fired up Google Navigation yesterday. It runs flawlessly while I run Pandora. The Google voice navigation will interrupt the song that is playing. However with Winamp, the song gets interrupted, but you cannot hear anything being said by Google Navigation. No, the program was not muted. And yes, the program worked before I started running Winamp. Anyone else encounter this bug?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
try double twist it will let you do that

Sent from my Incredible Sensation

OP
M

micjmac

Reaction score
After conducting a little research, apparently this is a major bug on Gingerbread. Winamp is not the only 3rd party music-playing app that conflicts with Google Nav. From what I understand based on my research, if you are streaming music via bluetooth or if you have a headphone/auxiliary cord plugged into the 3.5 mm jack on the DINC2, you will more than likely experience this problem. I also read from one user that another major factor is that Winamp and some other 3rd party apps do not actually pause the song in order for the Google Nav to interrupt. Instead these 3rd party music apps simply lower the song volume. Apparently, if you download a music app that actually pauses the song, there will not be a Google Nav volume issue.