Google Music & Market Music thread

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
Actually, there are ways to accomplish this. No stock way that I'm aware of. But, if you have WidgetLocker for example, you can add the music player to your lockscreen. This has helped out tremendously while driving.

The only bad thing I can say concerning Google Music is that early on it deleted about an album and a half randomly from my uploaded files. Just wasn't there one day. Besides that problem, everything has been smooth as silk. I especially love how your last few albums listened to stay active so that you don't have to wait the few seconds for a song to load when switching to another artist.

what i like to do is pick the songs i like to listen and make them available offline so i don't have to deal with the loading

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the songs i buy on the market go on my phone? Can they be moved to my sdcard? Im not sure how to do that maybe theirs a setting to make that automatic?

konellaz

Reaction score
I personally like zumocast. My brother downloads movies and music via Vuze.. His 2Tb hard drive is connected to a tower that's always on.. I use his zumocast login.. Then I plugin hdmi and hit mirror Viola! I'm golden..

Zumocast + 1 for me
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
They stay on the cloud unless you mark them to be made available offline.
yes i know that but where do they go when i take them offline is my question. I dont see them anywhere in the files app in sd card or internal

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
That's the one thing I didn't like about spotify when I wanted to try out the free trial, I needed a facebook -_- im a twitter kind of guy.

That's exactly what I want to be able to look for a song that Im getting an itch for, and not worry about keeping the video open just to hear it. How much monthly is it?

Runs $10/month.

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take the songs you make available offline and move them over to your SD card?? I see it taking up my internal storage space but when i go to the internal storage area in the "files app" the songs arent there.

marinegundoctor

Reaction score
Has anyone tried UbuntuOne for music cloud streaming? They have an app for Android but I haven't tried it yet. I keep all my school docs on my laptop sync'd to it. They have abt 5GB free storage and more for sell.

alwx2

Reaction score
followup to gchave's question, Does anyone know how to take the songs you make available offline and move them over to a PC? I'd to play with iTunes on PC, on ipod or burn to CD. I can't find anything. If limited to cloud, Google Music loses it appeal.
Thanks
fyi, using a Zoom

georgemovie

Reaction score
AlexSB...

I had the same problem that you did so I uninstalled the Google music update (That I downloaded from a forum) and reinstalled Google music from the market ... And it works now perfectly! Good luck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AlexSB

Reaction score
AlexSB...

I had the same problem that you did so I uninstalled the Google music update (That I downloaded from a forum) and reinstalled Google music from the market ... And it works now perfectly! Good luck!

Thanks! After all the rom flashing and installing/unistalling I think it fixed itself lol

FZDolfan

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Amazon. I use (and prefer) Amazon cloud player. It's got a nice interface, you can download the music to your phone or your computer or any combination thereof. And unlike google, there is no limit to the number of songs you can store on the cloud.
For free, your Amazon purchases don't count against your storage space, and if you upgrade for (I think) $20/year, which I did, you can upload your entire catalog of music and it doesn't count against your storage space. I have 25,000+ songs up there that are not consuming a single MB of my allotted space.
I tried google music for a while, didn't like it at all.
The only thing Amazon doesn't have (yet) that google DOES have is the auto-sync. You have to manually go to Amazon online to upload new songs or delete. However, it does keep track of what you already uploaded and scans your library to see what's new. So I guess it's sort of semi-automatic.