Google Music & Market Music thread

gchave

Reaction score
so i figured I'd start up a thread on this topic for all us bionic owners.

ill start with these two questions though
1) do you think Zumocast or Google Music is better?
2) on my app market the music section isn't on there, I can get it through the browser version though. is it just not pushed out yet or is their a way to get it?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
1) Depends. Can't you access any file from your computer on zumo? I've never tried the zumo feature yet.

2) Should be pushed out over the next few days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
1) Depends. Can't you access any file from your computer on zumo? I've never tried the zumo feature yet.

2) Should be pushed out over the next few days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yes you can access any file from zumocast not just music. Google music just looks better if zumocast worked on the app a little more to change its look it could be better

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
My problem with zumo is the computer has to be on to access it. So I can't actually bring everything with me everywhere unless I leave my computer on constantly, which I don't really want to do. So maybe if I'm going out one night and want a cool party trick, but otherwise my computer is off so I'm never able to use it anyways.

My only issue with google music is the app widget SUCKS. The app itself is mediocre at best, but the widget is as plain jane as it gets. Not even a back button, wth? No thumbs up/down option, nothing. But, it is a wireless cloud that I can access anywhere at any time with all my music in it. Thus, I'll have to give the hand to GMusic.

I like ZCast, but I have a beastly gaming computer, I can't just leave this thing on all the time...

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
it does suck leaving my laptop on its got to be hurting the computer a little bit.
also your right the google music widget is very bad that needs work big time.

Just a strange note. When im using the music market on the browser and i click certain areas on the site it will ask if i want to use the Market app and when u go into it its there but then ill try to use the market and its gone.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Haven't tried zumocast but I can't say nothing bad about Google Music, the whole cloud syncing has saved my day, and its the reason why I hardly use my itouch anymore.

Only thing is, it wont let me update on the market, getting that package unsigned error.

On another note, I've been wanting to try spotify any one try it? I've always looked for an app that'll let me search for a song and itll stream it, just like youtube but not youtube lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
Spotify is cool, it allows you to post artists and songs on Facebook like how Gmusic allows one to post on google+. I guess for now being able to post on Facebook is better then google+ since not many use G+. I'm sure that will change eventually.
What google music needs is a way to access the music with out unlocking the phone and going into the app. That will make it a lot easier for people that don't have head phones that have play and pause buttons.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
@AlexSB

I've been using Spotify for a couple months now and really enjoy it. Definitely worth the Premium price, IMO. It does exactly what you're looking for in that you search for a song and can stream it directly from your phone.

AlexSB

Reaction score
That's the one thing I didn't like about spotify when I wanted to try out the free trial, I needed a facebook -_- im a twitter kind of guy.

That's exactly what I want to be able to look for a song that Im getting an itch for, and not worry about keeping the video open just to hear it. How much monthly is it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
Not mine yet ...did it change by its self or did you have to update?

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Spotify is cool, it allows you to post artists and songs on Facebook like how Gmusic allows one to post on google+. I guess for now being able to post on Facebook is better then google+ since not many use G+. I'm sure that will change eventually.
What google music needs is a way to access the music with out unlocking the phone and going into the app. That will make it a lot easier for people that don't have head phones that have play and pause buttons.

Actually, there are ways to accomplish this. No stock way that I'm aware of. But, if you have WidgetLocker for example, you can add the music player to your lockscreen. This has helped out tremendously while driving.

The only bad thing I can say concerning Google Music is that early on it deleted about an album and a half randomly from my uploaded files. Just wasn't there one day. Besides that problem, everything has been smooth as silk. I especially love how your last few albums listened to stay active so that you don't have to wait the few seconds for a song to load when switching to another artist.

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
Its strange it actually is there..kind of. I can search music but on the home screen where the App, movies, and books buttons are the Music section isnt there