Google Music Beta (from market) Issues

genebean

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues getting the Google Music Beta from the market to let you sign into Google Music? I do not even have a settings menu yet my account is tied to the service and I was initially prompted for a permission when I opened the app for the first time (I think it was SJ or something like that). I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling to no avail.

bigee1212

Reaction score
hey,

its a common problem, what i did to fix it was go to manage applications, force stop google music beta and clear data. dont open the app yet, go to settings -> accounts -> the gmail account you used for google music beta -> menu -> sync now

it should say syncing contacts, gmail, etc
just wait for that to finish then re open google music beta, it should then ask you to pick a gmail account,

good luck, that worked for me.

OP
genebean

genebean

Reaction score
:yr1: You are officially my hero of the night! THANKS! Here is a virtual :pint: since I can't hand you a real one.

hey,

its a common problem, what i did to fix it was go to manage applications, force stop google music beta and clear data. dont open the app yet, go to settings -> accounts -> the gmail account you used for google music beta -> menu -> sync now

it should say syncing contacts, gmail, etc
just wait for that to finish then re open google music beta, it should then ask you to pick a gmail account,

good luck, that worked for me.