Google I/O Announces Google Music Player 3.0 is Available in the Market

dja1980

Reaction score
Me likes google music so far, but i wish the mobile app wasnt so simple and boring :/
Have you tried flipping your phone sideways, and selecting "Recent" from the dropdown? I really like the UI for that when flipping through the albums installed on my SD. I just discovered that by accident a few days ago.

reebz

Reaction score
I got my invite about two days ago. Started uploading and ,boy, is it slow. I only have about 2,000 songs and am only about a quarter the way through. I had a little trouble get the music app working correctly along with the sync, but an uninstallation and a reinstallation of the app seems to have cured that. I now have the music syn option under "accts. and sync". When uploading, it seems my Internet connection seems to slow down, even on my PS3, but perhaps that just has to do with the PS3 store finally being reopened.

UNC

Reaction score
I got my invite about two days ago. Started uploading and ,boy, is it slow. I only have about 2,000 songs and am only about a quarter the way through. I had a little trouble get the music app working correctly along with the sync, but an uninstallation and a reinstallation of the app seems to have cured that. I now have the music syn option under "accts. and sync". When uploading, it seems my Internet connection seems to slow down, even on my PS3, but perhaps that just has to do with the PS3 store finally being reopened.

The reason your internet is slow is because the upload hogs all your bandwidth. Just disconnect your PC from the net when you go to play your PS3... When you reconnect it will start the upload right where it left off.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I still get an "Installation Unsuccessful" message when trying to download the app. To make matters worse, I got my invite a few days ago but can't upload any of my library since I'm running Ubuntu. =(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

UNC

Reaction score
I still get an "Installation Unsuccessful" message when trying to download the app. To make matters worse, I got my invite a few days ago but can't upload any of my library since I'm running Ubuntu. =(

The updater doesn't work with Linux (the base of Google's own Android?).. SUPER FAIL!!!!

Clear data, and uninstall the app, then try installing again... If that doesn't work run a "Fix permissions" after the install and see if it works.

Also, you should try to run WinXP thru a VM and see if you can upload to the cloud going that route.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Yeah, that was a pretty huge let-down. I shouldn't have been too surprised though. Support for most apps in Linux is either nonexistant or delayed.

Regardless of what I do, the app won't install though! I'm gonna hop on my laptop a bit later and see if I can locate the APK and just push it over.

As for running XP via Wine, I may give that a shot once I actually get the app running. Thanks for the advice.

UNC

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a pretty huge let-down. I shouldn't have been too surprised though. Support for most apps in Linux is either nonexistant or delayed.

Regardless of what I do, the app won't install though! I'm gonna hop on my laptop a bit later and see if I can locate the APK and just push it over.

As for running XP via Wine, I may give that a shot once I actually get the app running. Thanks for the advice.

I actually run Windows now, but I know how it is to run Linux... I didn't want to dual-boot, so I always ran Windows thru VM if I needed it for some mundane task. (Like uploading songs)