Google I/O Announces Google Music Player 3.0 is Available in the Market

REMilk

Reaction score
I have an original Droid and I received my invite last week and signed up. I cannot install the app on my phone and receive the error message: "Application cannot be installed in the default location." I have 38mb of free space.

Thank you for any assistance.

It turns out it was user error. This app cannot be installed on the SD Card. I mistakenly had Move2SD set all install all apps on the SD card.

Installed and working now!

UNC

Reaction score
You gotta dl the music app from the market

No I meant maybe the one asking me to sync was a different app. I have the new music client.

Go into your settings>accounts and sync>gmail account, and then see if there is a check box open to sync your music.

Brandon

Theres only Contacts, Gmail, Picasa, and Calender. No music option.

You have to use the media manager that you get with the invite... Then after you upload songs they will appear in your music app...

alienware777

Reaction score
I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm not a retard. I've uploaded songs, almost 1000 of them.

UNC

Reaction score
I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm not a retard. I've uploaded songs, almost 1000 of them.

Open the music player. When you go into the settings, at the very top does it show the correct google account email address?

Brandon

This.

That's the only thing I can think of. There is no sync button it does it automagically...

If it is the correct Google account, clear data & cache from music, and reinstall.

alienware777

Reaction score
Actually maybe I am a retard... where are the settings? When I press menu I only see search and shuffle.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bplewis24

Reaction score

Big Ry

Reaction score
Got my invite in the mail today. Setup was a breeze and so was uploading...since google did it all automatically :). Me likes google music so far, but i wish the mobile app wasnt so simple and boring :/

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

alienware777

Reaction score
Actually maybe I am a retard... where are the settings? When I press menu I only see search and shuffle.

Okay, it sounds like you are opening the old music player and not the new one. The new music player uses headphones for an icon: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.music&feature=search_result

Use that one and I think you'll be set.

Brandon

That's what I'm using.

gmorgan056

Reaction score

Okay, it sounds like you are opening the old music player and not the new one. The new music player uses headphones for an icon: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.music&feature=search_result

Brandon

That's what I'm using.

This happened to me last night. What I did was uninstall the updates and reinstall them.

Find the music app in the market under My Apps. After opening it, select the uninstall updates. After that's finished, reboot your phone. Then go back into the market. It should then say Update (manual). Go ahead and update it. When it's done, you should be set.

bplewis24

Reaction score
If that doesn't work, then boot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache. I can't really think of anything else.

Brandon

alienware777

Reaction score

Brandon

That's what I'm using.

This happened to me last night. What I did was uninstall the updates and reinstall them.

Find the music app in the market under My Apps. After opening it, select the uninstall updates. After that's finished, reboot your phone. Then go back into the market. It should then say Update (manual). Go ahead and update it. When it's done, you should be set.

I'm not sure how my random rebooting/uninstalling/reinstalling didn't ever end up in that order, but it worked perfectly. It asked me to sync and I can now see the settings and everything. Thanks everyone! :D