Google I/O Announces Google Music Player 3.0 is Available in the Market

isewise

Did you guys start seeing your music on your phones even when the uploading was still in progress? Or do I need to just wait until all my music is uploaded before I can expect to see any music show up on my droid.

I have the latest update for the music app, installed under the same google account as the invite I received, but no settings in the music app and no "sync music" settings under accounts and sync.

Uninstall google music, them reinstall. You should have settings in your menu after this to select your google account and syncing will begin immediately.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ive tried this multiple times and it still doesn't work. The only way I got to see a settings button was go back to the leaked version, but even then I couldn't add my account. Do you have to wait until all your music is uploaded?, because if that is the case, I'm going to be waiting for like the next week.

OG Droid & CM7

sbenson

Silver Member
Did you guys start seeing your music on your phones even when the uploading was still in progress? Or do I need to just wait until all my music is uploaded before I can expect to see any music show up on my droid.

I have the latest update for the music app, installed under the same google account as the invite I received, but no settings in the music app and no "sync music" settings under accounts and sync.

Uninstall google music, them reinstall. You should have settings in your menu after this to select your google account and syncing will begin immediately.

Ive tried this multiple times and it still doesn't work. The only way I got to see a settings button was go back to the leaked version, but even then I couldn't add my account. Do you have to wait until all your music is uploaded?, because if that is the case, I'm going to be waiting for like the next week.

OG Droid & CM7

No, you don't have to wait til all of your music is loaded. The second I started uploading music from my computer, I was able to begin streaming it from my droid. Little by little, more songs became available. Took me about two days for all of my music to load up (that's about 5000 songs).

isewise

Well its two days later of more uninstalls, re installs and reboots and still no settings in the music app. :angry:

iraparks

what a god send took 3 days to upload all music but works perfectly, now don't start updating and messing everything up.

allan1313

I am loving it. A few little issues, but other than that it has been awesome. Love having all my music whenever I want.

UNC

I just got the invite today!!!!! But....... It is going to take a week to upload all my music.... WEAK SAUCE!

"About 14 of 9429 songs added".....

isewise

I've been uploading for the past week and I'm about 70% of 9,000 total songs done. I don't exactly have the fastest upload speed though.

I also have about 1,000 songs not being uploaded for some reason. They are all mp3s, I'm not sure what the problem is.

czerdrill

Silver Member
ugh i gotta use windows for this...haha...only thing that sucks, but awesome definitely...not more mp3s on my sd card

dja1980

Does anyone who has gotten an invite use Google Apps (GAFYD) as their primary account? I'm just curious if I'm getting bypassed due to my account type... even though GAFYD accounts are supposed to be treated like regular Google accounts now.

UNC

Does anyone who has gotten an invite use Google Apps (GAFYD) as their primary account? I'm just curious if I'm getting bypassed due to my account type... even though GAFYD accounts are supposed to be treated like regular Google accounts now.

I did. Just go to the beta sign up page and see if it says you have signed up.

I can't believe it is taking so long to just get 200 songs uploaded....

dja1980

Nice! Yep, I signed up just a few days after it went live, and the sign up page verifies it... just waiting for the invite.

UNC

Nice! Yep, I signed up just a few days after it went live, and the sign up page verifies it... just waiting for the invite.

You'll get it soon.... This upload is painfully slow though... Make sure to go thru and pick songs you want because its gonna take a month for my entire library to upload....

allan1313

Luckily for me I have an old desktop that I just use to upload/download stuff. I just set it up and checked back the next day and it was done. I love this cloud stuff. I need to get something for my pics now.