Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Been waiting for a legitimate music alternative for your Android device? You know, something other than Amazon MP3 and something that doesn’t try and mimic iTunes? Say hello to Google Music.

CNET has heard from several music industry insiders that were all able to confirm Google’s next big move which could launch this fall…
Google has already signaled that it wishes to give users of phones equipped with Google’s Android operating system a better music offering. At Google’s I/O conference last month, the search engine offered attendees a demonstration of a Web-based iTunes competitor.
Of course, they also want to take this further and into search results…
…Google’s plans go beyond Android, say music sector insiders. CNET has learned that Google first stoked excitement among executives at some of the top four major labels during the Consumer Electronics Show in January. That’s where they revealed some of the features that a Google music store might include, such as tying digital downloads and streaming music to Google’s search results.
And let’s also not forget Google’s announcement during Google I/O that it had acquired streaming music guru Simplify Media. While fall seems a little early, a GMusic launch coupled with Gingerbread doesn’t.

You ready for the next Google takeover? This one really excites me.
Source: CNET

http://www.droid-life.com/

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Peaks my interest. I'd probably by from Google before Amazon if the price is right. And maybe Google will provide better digital recordings then MP3.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This peaks my intrest a lot...good find. Way to make the news section :)

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I've heard rumors that it could be cloud-based in that you can leave your purchased songs on Google servers and stream them to your phone. If that's true, then I hope that they fix whatever caused their recent problems with the Market. I'd hate for songs I purchased to no longer appear in GMusic.

azules9780

Reaction score
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

HOLY CRAP! Justin, this is too funny and surprisingly too true. I agree^^^^^^^^

As for Gmusic, I'm in favor of it. But, on a side note, does anyone else worry that we may all be slowly but surely turning into Google fanboys like the apple users? I mean there are apple people who were slowly indoctrinated into that cult and would not use anything other than a Mac product if they had the choice.