Google Testing New Streaming Music Service

REMilk

Reaction score
The highly anticipated Google music service is being tested by Google employees, indicating that a public launch of the iTunes rival is not too far off.
Music industry sources have told Cnet that the company is testing the service on its employees before launching it for the public.

Reports about a cloud based music streaming service from Google were first confirmed by Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha, who let out that the Android 3.0 Honeycomb would come with a music service.

Read more: Google Testing New Streaming Music Service | ITProPortal.com

howzball

Reaction score
These times they are a changing....

They actually changed years ago when MP3tunes came out which does the exact same thing both Google and Amazon are just now introducing.

The founder of MP3tunes actually fought most of the legal battles to clear the path for Amazon and Google, but this is far from any new groundbreaking service.

jacobbond

Reaction score
Amazon and Google are quickly becoming quite the rivals. Google has a lot of enemies it seems but I bet Amazon gets tons of traffic from Google too.. its a very interesting relationship they got going there. Amazon just released their cloud-music service and now Google too - let the games begin!

howzball

Reaction score
Rumor has it that Google also wants to offer some sort of Video cloud service as well where you can upload your videos and stream them on all your devices.

Not sure I could love Google any more than I already do but, that would be the frosting on the cupcake if they were to pull it off.