Google Music Debuting In Winter Alongside Gingerbread

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
2h6hfzl.jpg

During a trip to Israel, Google Android Project Manager, Gauarav Jain sat down for a few quick words with Reuters, and let out some teasers regarding Android Gingerbread and the upcoming service, Google Music.

After a quick run through Google Translate, we learn via Gaurav Jain explains what is to come in the near future:
Google will combine music download service [with the] next version of Android launched for the U.S. holiday season.
Jain continues to tease, by stating that both Google Music and Gingerbread will launch in Fall-Winter 2010:
The service will be launched in the fall - winter 2010, with the next version of the Android operating system Gingerbread... music would be a major factor in the new version of Android, it is very important in Google.
Again, here we have another source slating a Fall-Winter 2010 release for Gingerbread. Furthermore, it seems that Google Music will debut alongside Gingerbread, and that it will be a significant addition. You could equate Google Music to the extremely (gulp) popular iTunes, and considering how integral iTunes is to Apple, we can only wait and see what Google has in store for us with its Music service.

thanks to Chefgregg89 for the tip!

via Droid-Life
source: Calcalist

Last edited:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I still wish Google would add a comprehensive audio equalizer to the Android music player. I would love to be able to tone down the highs and increase the bass on some of my music.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still wish Google would add a comprehensive audio equalizer to the Android music player. I would love to be able to tone down the highs and increase the bass on some of my music.

seconded! don't understand why it's not a standard feature by now.

Reaction score
I've long had a sense that Gingerbread would be the OS update that sees the focus shift to the multimedia capabilities built into Android. OpenCore hasn't been updated since Android 1.6. While we haven't seen/experienced it.... OpenCore has a ridiculous amount of updates and changes done to it and is reflected in the version numbers. In 1.6 it was OpenCore 2.0. The last I checked, it was on 2.7.

For me it all boils down to solving the ridiculous lack of gapless playback so I don't have to run to Apple for it. I listen to too much live and concept albums so I am reminded constantly of what really should have been a given in Android from day one. People went with Droid with not having the thought even cross their mind until they tried to listen to their albums and heard them chopped up. In this day and age, it shouldn't be something to consider...it should just be.

After that, just having a robust multimedia system that turns heads from iPod/iPhone such as having native FLAC support (no going through Astro or 3rd Party Apps,) Equalizers, a real video player with a much longer list of supported codecs...

I do believe Gingerbread will really catch everyone off guard. Google/Android knows they need to step up to the plate. With iPhone uncontested in that department and Windows 7 stepping up to the plate, Android needs to be ready to bat as well.

As far as I'm concerned, Android has the most potential to really offer up a powerful suite that gives the user CONTROL of their multimedia and that is a big part of why I jumped ship from Apple to Android.

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that will be basic functionality in 3.0.

zMd113

Reaction score
Thank God! I'm tired of buying music from iTunes then transferring them to my Droid. I just want buy, download, play, in a matter of seconds like I did with my iTouch.

Rodvette23

Reaction score
wow....so should I just start putting my Itouch for sale on craigslist lol? :p