HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The New Android Market is Coming Soon

ico-time.png
20. May, 2010 written by Antonio Wells / brandsonly.nl
ico-comment.png
0 Comments

In the past as we and every other user of the current Android Market has experienced major [Fail] in the experience. However in Google’s preview of Android 2.2, there is a new Android Market coming to offer more than the iTunes-like experience we have been begging for. Why do we even want an iTunes-like app store experience, why not go beyond that for a Web experience? The new Android Market will allow you to sign in, search all 50,000+ Android Apps and actually download them wirelessly not only to your phone, tablet, TV… let’s just say device as the list will go on!
In the demo today at Google I/O 2010 we saw apps being downloaded from the Web as well as music from iTunes library able to be streamed to the phone irrelevant of DRM-protection. The Android Market on the phone will have a few enhancements as well with ability to update all applications versus individually, automatic updates so you don’t have to bother at all, apps can be installed to SD card obviating one of the largest pains many Android users have experienced with low internal memory storage. This comes with Android 2.2 software update.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i really want 2.2 then. this is really great, i love apps2sd, and we really need 'update all'

tktouch12

Reaction score
jw, where are these pics from, and why does it say "emergency calls only"?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

tktouch12

Reaction score
jw, where are these pics from, and why does it say "emergency calls only"?

Sorry, heres the link:

The New Android Market is Coming Soon | Androidheadlines.com

What emergency use only? Sorry am on my laptop cant see the pics very well...:)

in the notification pulldown (next to "clear")

i really want 2.2 then. this is really great, i love apps2sd, and we really need 'update all'

Well the auto updates coming in 2.2
i know, i just saw a list of some of the other 2.2 features, and i'm really excited for it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice idea but if they are going to change the entire market, wouldn't they have to update all android devices to 2.2 to use it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice idea but if they are going to change the entire market, wouldn't they have to update all android devices to 2.2 to use it.

Good question, Charles, but from the looks of things, it appears this version of the market is a much more "weblike" experience, much like iTunes. I'd think that it could distinguish between features available to devices running 2.2 (like mass updates) versus those available only to versions with a previous version of the o/s. I may be mistaken but I believe the iTunes store can do this.

souljerr

Reaction score
I love that this has the desktop version but I'm not sold on the update all button for my apps. I've seen way to many updates released that break previously ok versions.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Good point.. my guess will be that the new market will be for those with 2.2 and the old will remain till everyone is upgraded.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I love that this has the desktop version but I'm not sold on the update all button for my apps. I've seen way to many updates released that break previously ok versions.

Well it has the option to set which apps you want to have auto-updated, doesnt have to be all of them..