google music beta

dberthia

Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my rooted Moto Droid. I completely uninstalled the Music app and installed it again, and that seemed to do the trick. I also noticed when I first installed it that the "Settings" option was nowhere to be found. After the uninstall/install that came back as well.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the other mods said it comes with 20,000 songs! Now I don't see how they can possibly do that, but I don't know why he would say that if it wasn't true.
People had similar disbelief when gmail first showed up offering massive amounts of storage.

Small print after I requested invite: "Music Beta is free for a limited time"

I assume once they have your music that they will start phasing out the free and eventually put a price on it. Though with a Google's biz model, I imagine it will be a reasonable price.
It's just boilerplate.

xandor

Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my rooted Moto Droid. I completely uninstalled the Music app and installed it again, and that seemed to do the trick. I also noticed when I first installed it that the "Settings" option was nowhere to be found. After the uninstall/install that came back as well.

This fixed on my Droid 2 as well. Didn't need to do anything for my Acer tablet.

Only problem is the desktop app having problems with a couple of songs.

Beka27

Reaction score
It's not downloading right I don't think... For three days I've been hovering around 300 of 3,000 songs... I don't know if it goes into standby or what the issue is, but I'm already bored with fiddling with it. I have a 160GB pod, so I'm not overly concerned.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Just got mine today,
You're Invited!

Welcome to Music Beta, a new service from Google that lets you store your personal collection online and access it instantly without the hassle of wires or syncing.

• Enjoy your music anywhere — listen on any web browser or your smartphone or tablet running Android 2.2 or higher.
  • Save your favorite albums, artists, and playlists on your device so you can keep listening even when you’re not connected.
  • Create your own custom playlists or build them automatically from a single song.
I am very interested to how it works on my music collection as I have 57,000 files on 189GB

I will post after i load it all

SO after about 10 minutes of uploading it says 6 of about 38,779 added
looks like this is gonna run for awhile :)

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's not downloading right I don't think... For three days I've been hovering around 300 of 3,000 songs... I don't know if it goes into standby or what the issue is, but I'm already bored with fiddling with it. I have a 160GB pod, so I'm not overly concerned.

Do you mean upload? what is your isp upload speed?

kickasz23

Reaction score
me and my roomie did our invites the same day and was about 2 weeks for mine and he got his like a week later.

gatewayad

Reaction score
How do i sync this to my TBolt, for some reason i cant figure it out, shouldn't it do it automatically
should I uninstall music beta from my phone and reinstall it?

LT*

Reaction score
I got my invite about an hour ago. No time to mess with it till I get home though

npro1464

Reaction score
Looks like the biggest flaw thus far is with the time it takes to upload. Mine has been running all night and only 400 songs uploaded so far. My WiFi is useless while the upload is in progress.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mrredskin

Reaction score
anyone know the answer to this question?

if you have a 3rd party music player (powerAMP), I'm assuming you're still going to have to have all the mp3s on your sd card if you want to listen to music through that instead of Music Beta? the equalizer options on powerAMP are awesome and music sounds 10x better through that than Music beta if you're using good earbuds (UE triplefi 10)

gatewayad

Reaction score
Yep after an 1 1/2 hours 86 songs uploaded, so with my collection its going to take 16 1/2 days to upload it all if i never turn off my computer.
BTW, i still cant see a music sync on my phone under my google account

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yep after an 1 1/2 hours 86 songs uploaded, so with my collection its going to take 16 1/2 days to upload it all if i never turn off my computer.
BTW, i still cant see a music sync on my phone under my google account

In the Music app Menu>Settings>Google Account> Should have your primary gmail account checked...