google music beta

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
requested an invite about a week ago. still have not received one. was wondering how long it took others to receive an invite after they requested.

I'm very excited by this app. if the cloud works, it will allow me to free up a lot of storage on my SD card!

paulhusker

Reaction score
I sent an invitation request as well. I also have mspot. Google Music looks basically the same. Can anybody show me any big differences? Thanx

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
Z

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
well mspot is only 5 GB included free whereas I believe google music comes with 20 GB for free. that's a HUGE difference. I've also had problems with songs on my mspot cloud loading/uploading. hopefully google is better.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the other mods said it comes with 20,000 songs! Now I don't see how they can possibly do that, but I don't know why he would say that if it wasn't true.

I'm just staying with Amazon, I already have 29 GB of music and I purchased an additional 30 GB on top of the 20 GB they give you when you purchase an MP3 album from them.

I got to believe that this 20,000 songs is something more along the line that they are available but you don't actually own the music. Still sounds interesting.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my invite a few days ago - uploaded over 11,000 songs, took awhile but when it's said and done it's a great program and the UI on the Xoom is sick ;)

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Got mine a week or so ago. Said it was because I owned a xoom. Don't use it much on it but it's great on my Charge while out walking or driving. Can stream from just about anywhere. I have about 600 or so songs uploaded. Need to get the rest off of my external hd at some point.

Sent from my Samsung Charge using Tapatalk.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
One of the other mods said it comes with 20,000 songs! Now I don't see how they can possibly do that, but I don't know why he would say that if it wasn't true.

I'm just staying with Amazon, I already have 29 GB of music and I purchased an additional 30 GB on top of the 20 GB they give you when you purchase an MP3 album from them.

I got to believe that this 20,000 songs is something more along the line that they are available but you don't actually own the music. Still sounds interesting.

20,000 Free Songs To Be Launched AT Google Music Announcement | Maypalo

The service which is expected to be announced today will offer the ability to store up to 20,000 songs for free, compared to 1,200 songs offered by Amazon.

Miraval

Reaction score
Small print after I requested invite: "Music Beta is free for a limited time"

I assume once they have your music that they will start phasing out the free and eventually put a price on it. Though with a Google's biz model, I imagine it will be a reasonable price.

LocoRon

Reaction score
So yeah, I finally received my invite today! (I had signed up a few hours after it was announced.)

Indeed, you can store 20,000 songs--NOT 20 GB. To be clear, my ~15k song collection is probably over 80 GB. So, yeah. There's a huge difference between saying 20k songs and 20 GB of songs. :)

I just hope the prices are reasonable, when it comes time to pay the piper. :/

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I assume once they have your music that they will start phasing out the free and eventually put a price on it. Though with a Google's biz model, I imagine it will be a reasonable price.

They only have a copy.....

monkeydog

Reaction score
So yeah, I finally received my invite today! (I had signed up a few hours after it was announced.)

Indeed, you can store 20,000 songs--NOT 20 GB. To be clear, my ~15k song collection is probably over 80 GB. So, yeah. There's a huge difference between saying 20k songs and 20 GB of songs. :)

I just hope the prices are reasonable, when it comes time to pay the piper. :/

Same here, got my invite yesterday and let uploads run all night. I'm currently half way through uploading my entire 60gb collection.

There's just one thing I noticed and researched to confirm... it converts .flac into a 320k mp3. Not that big of a deal and completely understandable... imagine all the storage that would be required if they stored .flac files. Just a single album can be 1 to 2gb in .flac

Last edited:

xtremecanefan

Reaction score

I would imagine it will be like gmail, X gb free and you can pay for more.

Sent from my Samsung Charge using Tapatalk.

acidbrn

Reaction score
Is anyone else thats received the beta having problems getting it to run on their phones? I have it on my Moto Droid and its not showing up any of my songs. My phone is also rooted not sure if thats the problem. If any of you have had any problems how did you fix it? Ive also updated the app, uninstalled updates, rebooted, and etc.... still no luck.