Project Fi users...how long to get your invite?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
To sort of piggyback off my other thread about VZW and wifi calling, I'm wondering about how long it took any Project Fi users to receive their invite after it was initially requested? Was there a fairly quick turnaround? Or were you waiting for weeks on end before anything showed up?

I just put in my request for an invite yesterday so I have no problem waiting, and I'm sure by now they've got quite a backlog to work through. So just curious if it's been a speedy process or are they dragging them out.

Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't have one, but the backlog might not be as big as you think. They ran a promotion when the 5X finally started shipping offering instant invites for a day or something. I would imagine many people who were waiting took advantage of that offer, but I could be wrong.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I don't have one, but the backlog might not be as big as you think. They ran a promotion when the 5X finally started shipping offering instant invites for a day or something. I would imagine many people who were waiting took advantage of that offer, but I could be wrong.

I definitely remember seeing that, but didn't realize that was only a promotional thing. I thought that was a permanent deal, but I went over to the Google Store and sure enough, don't see anything about getting the instant invite when purchasing a new Nexus device.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I definitely remember seeing that, but didn't realize that was only a promotional thing. I thought that was a permanent deal, but I went over to the Google Store and sure enough, don't see anything about getting the instant invite when purchasing a new Nexus device.
Try the Fi site, I thought you could buy the phone and get the sim there.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Try the Fi site, I thought you could buy the phone and get the sim there.

Thanks....doesn't look like it, at least not for me. If that was an option, I'm probably unable to see it since I've submitted a request for an invite.