Google Movies choppy??

aggiechase37

Reaction score
So I tried to rent the HD version of Moneyball tonight and use my new mhl adapter to hook it up to the big screen. Runs fine for 5 or 10 minutes, then gets real choppy. Sometimes has to rebuffer. Really makes it quite worthless.

I have good internet (just ran a speed test to be sure and 19mbs down and 1.8mbs up should be sufficient, works fine for Vudu 1080p stuff anyway)

I am running rooted, but I am bone stock 4.0.2. No custom kernels or anything. The only thing I have added that apparently required root is jrummy's Ultimate Backup, Root Explorer (to modify the system file that keep my clockwork mod recovery flashed), ROM Manager, BusyBox, and Google Wallet. Besides that one system file the only other thing I've done is flash the leaked radios. Everything is stock as stock can be.

The MHL adapter I believe to be an actual Samsung OEM adapter, though I got it off Amazon for like 17 bucks. Don't really think that's the issue.

The only other thing I can think of is that I had force GPU rendering checked, which I did uncheck midway through, but it didn't seem to change anything. Do I need to restart the phone to get it to stick maybe?

I canceled the order and asked for a refund and emailed about it, to which some character gave me the old gobbledygook about rooted phones not being supported blah blah blah. But I have seen where other people haven't had a problem. Should I install the hacked video apk for rooted phones maybe? I'm thinking that since my phone ran the movie without having installed that then it shouldn't really matter. Does the hacked apk handle the new HD stuff that I've noticed in the last week or 2?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited: