Google Movies blocked for Rooted Devices

napjester

Reaction score
All I have to say is who cares. I wouldn't watch a whole movie on a screen any smaller than my laptop. Between Netflix & HBO GO who needs em?

I would never unroot my phone and give up all the added benefits just to rent movies.

While I agree about watching full movies on a 4.3" or smaller screen, most new phones have HDMI out. Which means you could use your phone to stream to a full sized television. Rooting it will keep you from doing that as well. :angry:

Who says rooting will stop you from streaming to TV? Rooting will only stop you from using Androids movie service. If your rooted, I assume you know ways to get movies other than from the normal avenues! Just save it to your SD card and play it from the device.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All I have to say is who cares. I wouldn't watch a whole movie on a screen any smaller than my laptop. Between Netflix & HBO GO who needs em?

I would never unroot my phone and give up all the added benefits just to rent movies.

While I agree about watching full movies on a 4.3" or smaller screen, most new phones have HDMI out. Which means you could use your phone to stream to a full sized television. Rooting it will keep you from doing that as well. :angry:

Who says rooting will stop you from streaming to TV? Rooting will only stop you from using Androids movie service. If your rooted, I assume you know ways to get movies other than from the normal avenues! Just save it to your SD card and play it from the device.

Whole heartedly agree

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For now it is blocked.....Android has the best devs they will figure something out..

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Something tells me a majority of root users just torrent anyways...(not me though ;) )

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I haven't received my Music invite yet but do we know if this will affect the new Google Music cloud service for rooted devices?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For now it is blocked.....Android has the best devs they will figure something out..

Agreed. It'll only be a matter of time before a dev finds a way to trick the market.

For me personally, I already pay for Netflix and have the app on my DX so its a non-issue for me.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't received my Music invite yet but do we know if this will affect the new Google Music cloud service for rooted devices?

No. I'm rooted and no ill effects with Google Music.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The ironic thing is if you are rooted then you have more ability to implement a work around for this retardation... if you feel so inclined. For me it's not a real loss since I'd probably never use Google Movies anyway.

Natey2

Reaction score

You don't need to be rooted to use the hdmi output to an external monitor. There are free and paid apps that do this. The stock gallery can send videos to hdmi out with no additional software.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Won't stop me from rooting current or future devices... The rooted community is fairly big, that's potential profit their missing out on ;)

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Won't stop me from rooting current or future devices... The rooted community is fairly big, that's potential profit their missing out on ;)

Compared to non-rooted users I think you would be surprised to see just how low of a % it actually is.

Members of a community, forum, tend to drastically over guesstimate how big their movement actually is.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Ha, that's true... I guess unless the numbers aren't actually low then they could care less about giving rooted users support for movies.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
So let me make sure I understand this. They expect to decrease piracy by allowing less people to buy it?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk