Google Shuts Down Sideloading Their Dialer On Non-Nexus Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It was discovered earlier in the week that the latest version of the Google Dialer was also installable on a handful of modern Non Nexus devices. Apparently Google unintentionally enabled the Google dialer for Non Nexus devices. As soon as it was brought to their attention they issued an update to the app.

The Play Store now blocks the install of the Google Dialer on Non Nexus devices. Not only is can you not install the Dialer on your non nexus device via the Play Store, Google also has built in a measure to block side loading of the app on non nexus devices. This is unfortunate news.

loadeddiapers

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi Mi4i
Not even side loading will work. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Briankbl

Reaction score
I installed it just in time yesterday on my T-Mobile Note 5 lol. It works great! When I go to the store page, it now says it's incompatible with my device, yet it still works perfectly lol!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Didn't now they had a Google Dialer. Always thought the one on my T2 was the stock Android one.

Meh, whatever...if this is Moto's Dialer I absolutely love it and have no interest in anyone else's. :D

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I installed it just in time yesterday on my T-Mobile Note 5 lol. It works great! When I go to the store page, it now says it's incompatible with my device, yet it still works perfectly lol!
You could rip the apk for the version you have since it's the last version that will sideload on non nexus devices... I'm sure someone else already has, but still.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk