- Oct 6, 2011
- Reaction score
Android 5.1.1 is finally here for the Nexus 7 (2013). It has been available now for about a week via over the air update, but if you have still yet to receive the update you can download the file form Google and sideload it. You do have to be on the latest version of Android prior to this build which is LMY47V. You will also need the adb.exe and fastboot files on your PC.
1. Plug device into PC and enable usb debugging
2. Place the file you downloaded into the same file as your adb.exe file
3. in command prompt type "adb reboot bootloader"
4. use volume up to scroll to "recovery" and select it with power button
5. When andy is on the screen press volume up and power at the same time
6. using volume down highlight and select with power "apply update from adb"
7. on your Pc in a command prompt cd into directory with the file you downloaded
8. in command prompt type "adb sideload (filename)"
9. this will start the update
10. when finished you will reboot into android
Grab 5.1.1 here