Google mobile app

shellslyn

Reaction score
How do i add an application to me phone other than the market or vcast?

I want to add the google mobile app and a local news paper app. Both have had the links texted to me yet i have no idea how to add them to my phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. Go to the download links on your phone's browser and download to the phone, then set your market settings to allow non market installs (if possible), open your downloaded file(s) (apk's) and install.

2. download the files to your computer, connect your phone to your computer, transfer the files to your phone, on phone use a file manager to get to the files, same market sttings to allow non market installs, and install.

These two were broad general instructions, but I kept it basic, as I don't have your particular phone. But I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason you don't want to go through the Market to do this?

OP
S

shellslyn

Reaction score
Thank you for the instructions.

I couldn't find the Google Mobile App in the Market...only Google Search.
My local paper app is not in the Market.

OP
S

shellslyn

Reaction score
Ok, I guess I'm lost on this whole thing. On my blackberry, when I would text the link to myself for an app such as Google Mobile, it would automatically download and add the app to my app list.

On this, when I click the link on the text or enter the link on my phone browser, it just takes me to the Google Mobile homepage with no option to download the app onto my phone.

I've looked in the download options, nothing there.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong...just can't figure out what.

I like the Google Mobile app because it brings up pages specific to my locations, unlike just the Google Search.

OP
S

shellslyn

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for rambling here...

I think I see on the google mobile app list that maybe it's not available for droid....

OP
S

shellslyn

Reaction score
If I go to m.google.com/search, which it tells me to do, from my phone browser or text my number it sends me to the google mobile browser but it does not give me the app download option.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Google Mobile App = Androids Quick Search Box