Google Messages Won't Send MMS Messages or Pictures

sweenbeen

Reaction score
So for the past week, my Google Messages app has been notifying me in app that a MMS (group message or picture message) did not send. It keeps asking me to tap it to resend. I looked at the message details. I am receiving an "Error Code 128". I have not been able to find any information on this.

Furthermore, people ARE in fact still receiving my messages. Also, when using the default/built in messaging app, it does not display an error or concern the message was not sent.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Has it been fixed? I have attempted uninstalling the app, clearing data, wiping sys cache, etc all to no avail.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Something similar happened to me a while back on my Turbo 2. I had to switch to the Verizon Message + app and then I saw the "stuck" message that did not send. I deleted it using that app, then switched back to the stock SMS / Text app as my default and all was good again. Maybe something similar will work on your phone?

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Something similar happened to me a while back on my Turbo 2. I had to switch to the Verizon Message + app and then I saw the "stuck" message that did not send. I deleted it using that app, then switched back to the stock SMS / Text app as my default and all was good again. Maybe something similar will work on your phone?
I tried this as a fix... did not work. I could not "identify" which text string or message was messed up.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Just bumping this post... however this whole thread seems like a graveyard... Seemingly need to get a more up to date phone I guess.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think you necessarily need a new phone, the Turbo is still a very capable device. I'm just not sure what other advice to offer about the app.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I don't think you necessarily need a new phone, the Turbo is still a very capable device. I'm just not sure what other advice to offer about the app.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I didn't mean to suggest that because of the issue, I should get a new phone. I was suggesting that the this thread (Tubro 1) is stale since the phone is now out of date. Support and assistance from the forum community is all but gone for this older device.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There should be a red ! on the text thread with the issue in the Google Messages (I think they changed the name to Android Messages now?) and there should be a similar icon next to the actual message that failed to send.