Google Maps upgraded to 4.1

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody elses location on the live wallpaper way off? Turned Maps on and it is right on but the wallpaper is off by over 5 miles!!!!

Zargon

Reaction score
Anybody elses location on the live wallpaper way off? Turned Maps on and it is right on but the wallpaper is off by over 5 miles!!!!

A few minutes ago it was off by about 1/2 mile. Now it jumped to a different location and is off by about 3 miles.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
How do you get the maps live wallpaper going? I'm not rooted. Am I going to have to wait for the 2.1 ota update?

OP
ptfd13

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7

Mine started being way off and after a reboot it finally got exactly where I am. Seems like it took a bit longer than usual though but it got there.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
How do you get the maps live wallpaper going? I'm not rooted. Am I going to have to wait for the 2.1 ota update?

Yes, Live Wallpapers is part of 2.1. I think there was a way to get it working on 2.0.1, but now that 2.1 is so close you might as well wait. I always thought Live Wallpapers sounded pretty dumb, but this sounds pretty cool. Will probably get old quickly, but will use it to amaze my friends for a week or so at least.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Yes, Live Wallpapers is part of 2.1. I think there was a way to get it working on 2.0.1, but now that 2.1 is so close you might as well wait. I always thought Live Wallpapers sounded pretty dumb, but this sounds pretty cool. Will probably get old quickly, but will use it to amaze my friends for a week or so at least.

No, I think hes looking for how to get the google maps live wallpaper now, not the ones coming with the 2.1 update.. like I am ..

bennyj

Reaction score

No, I think hes looking for how to get the google maps live wallpaper now, not the ones coming with the 2.1 update.. like I am ..

I think he means that you can not use the maps live wall paper until you update to 2.1. I am also on 2.0.1 with the new google maps update and the live map wall paper is not available to me either.

aggiechase37

Reaction score

Correct. Maps live wallpaper is what I'm trying to figure out.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
ah ok I was confused, I was under impression you could use the maps live wallpaper now, before the 2.1 ota. Guess I was just reading rooted peoples posts lol

inmate369

Reaction score
i cant get it to install or uninstall currant edition i'm running smoked glass 6.0.1:mad:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i cant get it to install or uninstall currant edition i'm running smoked glass 6.0.1:mad:

just posted this elsewhere it is what I did and I am also on SG6.0. Others with other themes should search for "maps" as some files are in system/data/data too for those others:

1) opened the app Root Explorer
2) navigated to /system/apps and made the folder Read/Writeable
3) longpress on maps.apk to rename the maps.apk to maps.apk.bak (remove it if you wish...I don't like deleting things)
4) made the folder Read/Only
5) rebooted
6) menukey > Settings/Applications/Managed Applications/ menukey > filter > all
7) located com.android.google.apps.maps which has a size of 0.00b
8) clicked it and uninstalled
9) went to the market, located and installed maps.
10) enjoy