google maps update!

TreeFrog

Reaction score
i haven't investigated a bunch yet but....the market spells out the update. =)

OP
bennyj

bennyj

Reaction score
i haven't investigated a bunch yet but....the market spells out the update. =)

The market says the same thing as the last update. Thats wjy i was asking.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It's a "x.x.1"

Nothing will be different, really. Very minor value place.

Threepio

Reaction score
my google maps used to show my exact location. now its showing a large blue circle which is near my exact location but its not like it used to be before i upgraded to 2.1

OP
bennyj

bennyj

Reaction score
my google maps used to show my exact location. now its showing a large blue circle which is near my exact location but its not like it used to be before i upgraded to 2.1

That usually means it's having some troubles locating you. Does it do this all the time?

Threepio

Reaction score
the last time i did it i was driving around in a car. now im sitting stationary in my room. my room is the attic of my house.....idk.

papy72

Reaction score
Mine does this when I try to use Navigation but have forgotten to turn on my GPS.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

This happens in a couple of situations. If you have GPS turned off or it hasn't yet located a sufficient number of satellites to locate you specifically, it will use either the nearest cell tower (with a big blue circle) or the GPS info it has managed to snag to give a less than precise location (again with the blue circle.)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This is becoming a serious pet peeve of mine: developers, big or small, not publishing their release notes. Can't stand it lol

samredman

Reaction score
I just got the Google maps update notice

Mine says:

New Features:
- New Search results page. Swipe to move to the next result.
- Switch accounts

Also includes:
(the also includes list looks like what it already had)