google listen

slowtype

Reaction score
I'm trying to use google listen on my droid 2 with no success.

I get a message that states

"Listen requires a gmail account to sync with reader.google.com. Please add a new account in system preferences."

I'm not even sure exactly what this message means. But when I press the back button it simply exits the google listen program.

Any tips? Anyone get it working on the droid 2 or X?

I want to listen to podcasts at work.

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
don't I have to have a gmail account synced to my droid? i thought I did that first thing when I bought it in the store.

joeymoose

Reaction score
That's what the error message seems like its saying... If you got a gmail account then i have no idea why its doug that. I have never had a problem with google listen. Just in case check within the app if you need to sign in there... i think you do.

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
is google reader an app? I don't seem to have that

fifthcircle

Reaction score
Bumping this thread up.....

I am having the same problem. I have a gmail acct all set up. Running 2.2 on the Droid Incredible, and just downloaded Listen.

I can hit the magnafying glass and search and then when I try to go back to Listen "Home", it pops up the message again.....

I went back to the android market and looked at some comments. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem with 2.2.

I uninstalled it for now.

Barristro

Reaction score
Have you gone online and actually set up a Google Voice Account? That is a separate account from Gmail.

You need to do that, as well as download the app to your phone.

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
I have a google voice account. Makes no difference.

Listen doesn't have anything to do with voice.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue for months now, it doesn't recognize my Google Account...and it used to work on 2.0.1 and 2.1

solar

Reaction score
Same issue for me since I upgraded to Froyo FRG01B. I'm on a Droid 1. I just gave up and uninstalled it finally. hoestly I havent spent much time troubleshooting it, but it worked fine on 2.1.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Bumping this thread up.....

I am having the same problem. I have a gmail acct all set up. Running 2.2 on the Droid Incredible, and just downloaded Listen.

I can hit the magnafying glass and search and then when I try to go back to Listen "Home", it pops up the message again.....

I went back to the android market and looked at some comments. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem with 2.2.

I uninstalled it for now.

Anyone found a fix? I have the Droid Incredible and I upgraded to Android 2.2 last week. It broke all kinds of apps. This is one of them.

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
there is a fix.

uninstall listen. Reboot your phone.

goto Redirecting

download listen 1.1.1.apk

then install.

this worked for me and a number of other people.

solar

Reaction score
there is a fix.

uninstall listen. Reboot your phone.

goto Redirecting

download listen 1.1.1.apk

then install.

this worked for me and a number of other people.
and thats a insall file for the previous, unbroken version? and the file is safe and all that good stuff?