Google images problem

jerethi

Reaction score
I'm experiencing an odd issue when browsing images using Google image search. A while back Google updated their image search for mobile devices; the images display against a black background, and you can switch between the images by swiping. However, when I do a Google image search and tap on an image, the image displays against the black background as it should, however, the image seems to get "stuck" and I can't initially browse by swiping. I can get it "unstuck" by clicking menu and then I seem to be able to browse by swiping, but it is very annoying that I have to go through these process in order to browse the images with swiping.

I checked this one a Moto Droid and it seemed to work well, which lead me to believe that it is a Droid Incredible issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, have you been able to fix it? Maybe it has something to do with the latest OTA update?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the Forum! :)

Just went through and did a search on mine, don't seem to have any issues at all with swipe searching through the photos on Google. Images pop up on the black just like you said, but no hanging or sticking. Try doing a battery pull for at least 5 minutes and then try again... seems like the Inc likes to get a little confused with tasks sometimes, most of the issues that I've had have been fixed with a 5 minute battery pull and restart. Let us know!

OP
J

jerethi

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, and the welcome!

I removed my battery for a few minutes and , initially that did seem to do the trick. However, I appears that after a few successful runs, the images are getting "stuck" again. I am still be able to correct the problem by hitting the menu button to get the images unstuck.

Could it be that an app is causing this odd behavior?