A few issues I noticed that did not happen on my previous Droid

Afredo

Reaction score
1. With the stock SMS/MMS application, when i recieve a sms and use the dropdown menu to view it, the message count on the onscreen widget does not disappear; even if I click in the enter textbox to reply to the message, it does not clear the indicator; seems the only way to clear it is to click on the widget itself or to reply to the message. On my DROID, when i would swipe the dropdown menu down to see my text, the notification icon on both the top bar and on the widget would be cleared.

2. With the stock SMS/MMS application, when i recieve a picture message it asks me to download or decline it, and displays it in a "slideshow" format; I have the setting set to "automatically retrieve". on my DROID it automatically displayed images in the text message pane.

3. This issue happened on my Droid as well, but is there any way to stop certain applications/services from starting at all? On advanced task killer, most of the time Voice Dialer, Footprints, and CityID to name a couple seem to pop back up after I close them, its rather annoying.

Thanks!

opengeo

Reaction score
1. With the stock SMS/MMS application, when i recieve a sms and use the dropdown menu to view it, the message count on the onscreen widget does not disappear; even if I click in the enter textbox to reply to the message, it does not clear the indicator; seems the only way to clear it is to click on the widget itself or to reply to the message. On my DROID, when i would swipe the dropdown menu down to see my text, the notification icon on both the top bar and on the widget would be cleared.

2. With the stock SMS/MMS application, when i recieve a picture message it asks me to download or decline it, and displays it in a "slideshow" format; I have the setting set to "automatically retrieve". on my DROID it automatically displayed images in the text message pane.
Dude, this is bizarre. I just noticed each of these issues myself within the past hour and was about to create a thread. If anyone has any info it would appreciated.

Maybe you can update the title of this thread to indicate the issues for quick viewing...?

Last edited:

joeliotta

Reaction score
MMS Slideshow

The MMS getting converted to the slideshow makes me absolutely miserable as well. It seemed to happen occasionally with certain picture messages with the droid, but now every single mms that comes over gets that, and it drives me crazy! I would love to find a fix for this besides using another sms app. I love how it all integrates within the contacts and stuff and don't want to sacrifice that, but it makes it so hard to get mms messages.

c_law23

Reaction score
my biggest gripe of the ones you mentioned are the counter staying even though i view the message through the notification bar... it greatly annoys me lol

opengeo

Reaction score
Apparently, these are also issues on the Hero and Eris. So, don't expect a fix for them.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are all these on sense? May be the sause, not the OS but the layer ...

OP
A

Afredo

Reaction score
Are all these on sense? May be the sause, not the OS but the layer ...

Those were my thoughts. Everyone I know was all diehard about how sense is so much better, but ya know, honestly, I think standard Android has got it locked down. I had no annoyances other than just speed being less on the Droid than on the Incredible. I'm hoping they get a Nexus One root for the Incredible, I'd be all over that.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i like the native sms app but you cannot peronalize ringtones for each person, so handcent was installed.. :) just like on my droid..

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
i like the native sms app but you cannot peronalize ringtones for each person, so handcent was installed.. :) just like on my droid..

Agreed! I love the email app on this phone. Very nice. The SMS app though. Sucked bad! Handcent was installed within a day. Love it!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yeah! Also, when I get a picture message, it says that I failed to receive a text and I have to go searching in my messages to find it and then hit download. It's quite a pain.

NIKSTORM

Reaction score
i agree with all of these posts...they are suh silly little problems but they are annoying....what is the chance of a os fix in regards?