Google image search problems

tmal2

Reaction score
I've got a problem that's driving me nuts and I'm hoping one of you can help me.
Sometimes if I do a Google search of something and select images I get the preview page no problem but when I select the preview to see the larger image all I get is a black screen. I've tried different browsers with the same results.
The odd part is that it does not happen all the time and I cannot narrow down a common denominator when it does.

Anyone else have this issue? Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't see that you mentioned the phone or Android version but my guess is that when you ask it to display the image it is trying to use the internal image viewer that some phones have. Which would explain why it happens with any browser. You may need to try to find the image viewer and clear the cache.

Are all the images the same as far as you know, like JPG or PNG and have you had this problem only with images from the Google searches?

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
I don't see that you mentioned the phone or Android version but my guess is that when you ask it to display the image it is trying to use the internal image viewer that some phones have. Which would explain why it happens with any browser. You may need to try to find the image viewer and clear the cache.

Are all the images the same as far as you know, like JPG or PNG and have you had this problem only with images from the Google searches?
Sorry I forgot to add that info. Its a Droid Maxx running android 4.4.4.
I didn't think of the image format but it is every image that Google pulls up. Not just certain ones. I don't believe its a cache issue since sometimes it works and sometimes.it doesn't.
Here's a screenshot of what I get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-31-21-59-48.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-31-21-59-48.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That seems odd....viewing pics from Chrome works fine on my Maxx. Have you tried clearing the Browser cache, search history, etc?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
What seems even stranger is that there is no indication of an error. I'm still voting for the image viewer cache.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did you happen to install any Play Store photo / pic viewing apps and then set it as default to open pics? You could try going to Settings > Apps > Menu > Reset app preferences. That's will clear all default preferences for opening things like pics, files, music. There might be a conflict within some app (s) trying to decide which app opens the pics to view larger size.

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
That seems odd....viewing pics from Chrome works fine on my Maxx. Have you tried clearing the Browser cache, search history, etc?

I've tried all that with no luck. The oddest part is that sometimes it works and other times it does not. I just can't figure it out

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
Did you happen to install any Play Store photo / pic viewing apps and then set it as default to open pics? You could try going to Settings > Apps > Menu > Reset app preferences. That's will clear all default preferences for opening things like pics, files, music. There might be a conflict within some app (s) trying to decide which app opens the pics to view larger size.

I have installed some other apps and I removed them all last night thinking the same thing you were and still had the problem. I'll try resetting the defaults and go from there.