Google goggles used to...

canoefoot

Reaction score
Am I nuts, or when you used to bring up google goggles, and pointed it say, down town, would show you what was in the area- ie: restaurants, clubs, businesses? I remember my original droid doing this, but am not having luck with my droidX. When we would go to a larger city it was an extremely useful feature... If I need to clarify let me know... any help would be super. Thanks.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you are referring to "Places"?

OP
C

canoefoot

Reaction score
As in the red balloon app? I am not questioning.. looking more for guidance... It has a real time feature?.. Oh god.. I sound like a total tool don't I ... apologies...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yes places has a red balloon icon. No you don't sound like a tool lol, how would you know if you didn't ask..well guess ya coulda gone thru every app... ;)

OP
C

canoefoot

Reaction score
Ok, cool , I am familiar with Places app... but I swear I remember being able to pull up google goggles, point it down a street, and in real time, as if you were taking a picture of a business front,~but not~ it would show you as you walked down the street, the businesses.... Think college game day, downtown Lincoln NE, and you are looking at places to eat, bars, shops, etc... I have activated GPS.. yadda yadda... No? crazy pants? ... quit hittin the sauce?... anyone remember that feature?

allikanbe

Reaction score
Ok, cool , I am familiar with Places app... but I swear I remember being able to pull up google goggles, point it down a street, and in real time, as if you were taking a picture of a business front,~but not~ it would show you as you walked down the street, the businesses.... Think college game day, downtown Lincoln NE, and you are looking at places to eat, bars, shops, etc... I have activated GPS.. yadda yadda... No? crazy pants? ... quit hittin the sauce?... anyone remember that feature?

Funny, you should mention that. I remember the same thing and I was just asking someone else about it. That was a cool app. You could be in a new town at an intersection and point the droid like a camera down each street to see what was there. It would pop up a name of a restaurant or gas station etc and you could tap on it and get a description.

OP
C

canoefoot

Reaction score
Alright!!! I knew I remembered correctly! Now... to find out how to make it do that again!

Reaction score
i dunno about GG but perhaps it was one of these other ones? I have never used that before so i dont know. Just thought this might help.