Google Goggles

sdrawkcabton88

Reaction score
New update adds the much needed flash feature. Now I won't be embarrassed when I'm trying to showoff my phone to a friend in a dark restaurant. :icon_eek:

I've had pretty decent results with Goggles. Great with logos, but still needs improvement with artwork.

Zippster

Reaction score
This should be a really cool app after some more releases and bugs get worked out, gonna uninstall until then.

Sleeve

Reaction score
If you really want to see a reaction, walk into the middle of an Apple store and point it at an Apple logo...

DroidHoff

Reaction score
I think in time this will become more useful. I believe it keeps record of images submitted so the more people use it the better it will get at recognizing things! On a side note I have the Amazon app and it also will search via either barcode or PICTURE. I used the picture function today and it returned every image with the product on amazon every time! It does however take some time to find it and you will get a notification in your status bar when it is matched so you do not have to stay on that sscreen and wait.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
The business card scanner is a killer feature. With it's ability to capture the info and add them to your contacts is sick. I've done a whole stack of cards and it got every one right. Now I can toss all of them. Sweet!

acturbo

Reaction score
New update has reality view like superpages? I went to take a pic of something after the update today and it was showing me, before I snapped the pic, of businesses around me.

kevin1016

Reaction score
New update has reality view like superpages? I went to take a pic of something after the update today and it was showing me, before I snapped the pic, of businesses around me.
That's not new.

Trever1t

Reaction score
The business card scanner is a killer feature. With it's ability to capture the info and add them to your contacts is sick. I've done a whole stack of cards and it got every one right. Now I can toss all of them. Sweet!

Where is this feature?

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
Today, at their Search Event in Mountain View, Google demoed a brand new product set to launch in Google Labs: Google Goggles. Humorous name aside, the product looks to be a huge leap forward in the field of visual search — by which I mean, you point a camera at something and Google figures out what it is.

The example that Google VP of Engineering Vic Gundotra showed on stage involved taking a picture of a particular bottle of wine. When he ran it through Google Goggles, the result showed that the particular bottle has a hint of apricots. You also be able to use Goggles to look up things such as CD covers and bar codes (this is likely similar to the popular Android app ShopSavvy). For text, Google Goggles uses optical character recognition (OCR) to try and read things like labels to aid the search.

Find it in the Android Market now!

How do you transfer info to a bar code display like your avatar, and have the scanner code display on a email, avatar, PC, or as a photo. thanks

QR_addict

Reaction score
Oh man, I didn't know about the business card scanner. Sweet! I'll try that on my droid

Zippster

Reaction score
Oh man, I didn't know about the business card scanner. Sweet! I'll try that on my droid

I knew it had it but didnt try it, just listened to the reviews about it not working very well on them, guess thats what I get for that, time to try it out myself as I have stacks to get rid of too. :)