Google Earth for ANDROID DEMO Vid!!

ice456789

Reaction score
For me personally this could be quite useful in my job. I am in the mapping industry and create/receive a lot of custom KML/KMZ files. If this app has the ability to view said files (especially from email attachments) then that would be great for field work and quick viewing to coworkers and clients.

Can someone tell me exactly what "real world" purposes Google Earth serves that aren't already covered by Google Maps?

Ok, does it have any use to anyone NOT in the mapping industry? Or is it just something cool like Google Sky?

kev83202

Reaction score
I really hope it will let you load gps tracks like you can on the desktop version. I use it for snowmobiling and mountain bike trips then load into google earth and it flys through your route.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Looking forward to it here..

johnnieeve

Reaction score
Just read my Droid Forum email. It appears Google will NOT disappoint their Droid customers. Within days we will receive updates to 2.1 which will include most all the goodies we're missing from the Nexus one, including Google Earth. So it appears Droid users will be enjoying some Holiday gifts early this year.
Thanks Google.

kev83202

Reaction score
Can someone tell me exactly what "real world" purposes Google Earth serves that aren't already covered by Google Maps?

We'll have to wait and see what featrues are going to be on the mobile version, but in general google maps = 2D google Earth is a 3D app you can see the mountains, valleys, ect...

spur

Reaction score
Google earth usefulness

I spend a lot of time in the Western wilderness. I use color printouts of google earth images to supplement GPS when navigating and interpreting terrain. I bought an iphone just to get a mobile google earth app. Needless to say, because of AT&T coverage, the iphone was cool, but useless. Got rid of it. I have the Droid and already know that the area I spend time in has some Verizon 3G coverage. Can't wait to test it.