Google Earth for 2.1 is out!

BostonBill

Reaction score
In order to see Google Earth in the Market you need to edit the Build.Prop File and change SDK=6 to SDK=7
I used Root Explorer to edit the file. Make sure you get the Build.Prop in the System folder. It is on line 6, so it is right at the top. When you find the folder select open in Text Editor and simply change the 6 to 7. I did not even have to reboot although you may have too.
I left the release alone, it still says 2.0.1 but if you like you cange change it while you are in the file, it is on line 8. It is not necessary to change, at least I did not need to change it

Thank you very much for the clear steps to take. I found it..

MontyMo

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, the multi touch is AMAZING! I can rotate the screen by putting two fingers on it and rotating.....
Way Cool!

Very nice on my rooted droid. Definitely a resource hog, I've had two freezes and one full reboot from it. And I'm overclocked at 1.25Ghz.

It's definitely not the most useful app but it's freakin cool running earth on your phone. Great use of multitouch, too. Took a second to get used to but when you do it's kinda fun just zoomin around the globe playing with the multitouch.

As long as it works long enough for me to show off to a few droid haters I know.

pthance

Reaction score
DroidMod v.1.0 has this working with no issues, just flash the ROM and download the app from the market. DroidMod 1.0 is a 2.0.1 based ROM that runs 2.1 apps with ease.

Benny

Reaction score
Why does Maps have street view, but earth doesn't?
And why does Maps have a whole lot more layers than Earth?

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
I am using droidmod 1.0 and cannot find it on market. Also edited the file from sdk=6 to 7 and still cannot find it...

Heynewgirl

Reaction score
I really want Google Earth. Google has this Cute Snappy Video showing us how cool it is but us Moto Droid users are out of luck. :icon_evil:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tried to install it while on Adamz Smoked Glass 4.5
The app manger opens it but there are no install buttons. oh well, can't win them all:)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I really want Google Earth. Google has this Cute Snappy Video showing us how cool it is but us Moto Droid users are out of luck. :icon_evil:

Might want to re-read this thread.... several us have Google Earth running on our Droids.....:D

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I have no idea why people care about this so much? Like someone stated earlier, what does this do that maps already can't?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no idea why people care about this so much? Like someone stated earlier, what does this do that maps already can't?

For the same reason people want anything...because they don't have it :)

Or..perhaps its a challenge to hunt it down, try it out and decide if it is worth keeping or not.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Technically....for those who dont have the app, and are simply trying to makes themselves sane by criticizing us who do by saying "maps does everything Earth does"..doesnt get it.

The app does worldwide scan..true..maps does. But I dont know anyone who can go to maps and click "Japan", and go to a street without an address.

Earth can.

Dont be mad or frustrated cause you dont have it. Work your mojo, follow instructions, and install it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using droidmod 1.0 and cannot find it on market. Also edited the file from sdk=6 to 7 and still cannot find it...

Did you reboot after changing the file?

I already had downloaded it from outside of the market, then purchased Root Explorer, then edited sdk=6 to sdk=7 as per previously posted directions in this thread, then rebooted then got to install. Off to play, thanks all!