Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Google Earth for Android has been updated to version 1.1, which allows users to explore the oceans in great detail. Now, you are able to zoom in underneath the surface and explore the terrain that makes up nearly 70 percent of our Earth.
Included in the 1.1 update:

• A layer called "Explore the Oceans," which features hundreds of photos and videos submitted by users
  • The gold highlighted icons represent those submitted by the Mission Blue Hope Spot Initiative
There are also features only for those with 2.2 (Froyo):

• Supports Flash in balloons, which means that you can watch videos directly in the balloons
  • Also, the application was made easier to navigate, with Google allowing users to roam around with two fingers rather than the on-screen controls
This update will work with most devices with 2.1 (Eclair) or higher. If you want to download it, links are after the break. [Google Mobile Blog Spot]

chart

Market link for mobile browsers

androidcentral.com

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this...a lot of times with an app update there is no clear idea of what the update brings, this is nice

cromo8

Reaction score
this is just wow, now i will actually use google earth

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
I have a layer called Oceans but not explorre and I have 1.1 update. How do you get to the new features? Running 2.2 and have Flash installed.
thanks... Steve

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have a layer called Oceans but not explorre and I have 1.1 update. How do you get to the new features? Running 2.2 and have Flash installed.
thanks... Steve

I was kind of wondering that too.. I was clicking on the oceans lol