Google Contacts Groups

Thunder7

Reaction score
Is there a way for the Droid 2 to show the GOOGLE GROUPS that i have placed all my contacts into? Have it so flat as one big list of all my contacts makes it tough to really get to what I want. I had put all my contacts into Groups in my Gmail some time ago, and would like to be able to navigate to contacts the same way.

patchm00

Reaction score
Yes I am wondering the same thing. With other google phones I've had you were able to select My Contacts as the group to view and you would not see any of the other contacts from Gmail that were not in that group. Now there is a "Phone Contacts" that you can't get rid of etc.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I looked pretty hard at this. For some reason it does not see your Google Groups and you have to create them separately. And there is a trick to that when you add someone to a group.

When you're in a group if you attempt to add a name by adding contacts it will accept it but you won't see it. What you need to do then is edit contacts, press the add button.

You can do this with your groups and it will make them quickly for you. Create a new group. While in that edit contacts/add contacts. Then it will go into Google and you scroll and check off who you want to add into the group.

Now I understand that wasn't what you were looking for, it's the only way I can see it can be done.

If someone else has a better way, please speak up.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
I search on this with one of my co-workers a while ago. Our conclusion was to go to the market and install contacts groupU app. I know this might not be what you are looking for but it gave us what we needed, contacts listed in groups like when we log into Gmail.