Google Calendar won't sync

golferklr

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I can't get my Google Calendar to sync to my phone. My contacts & Gmail will sync to the phone. The only things on Google calendar the will sync are Birthdays & Holidays all past events on the calendar won't sync. I can create a new event on the PC then it will sync to the phone but if I try to create a new event on the phone it won't sync to th PC.....Any Ideas?

Peirceman

Reaction score
Are you using the stock S3 app, Google calendar app, or something else? I don't know your level of experience, so you may have slready done this. Go into Settings> Accounts and make sure your Google account is set correctly to sync the calendar

OP
G

golferklr

Reaction score
I have checked already to make sure it was set to sync. According to Google if you have version 4.0.3 & above your suppose to download & use Google calendar. I down loaded Google calendar & it still won't sync the calendar. I didn't have a problem until Verizon did the update to the Jelly Bean operating system. I have done a number of resets of ghe phone also.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I had the same issue after an update on my Bionic. Calender synced from PC to phone, but not phone to PC. It drove me crazy. I finally found a setting that changed at this path
Calendar>Menu>Settings>General Settings>Default Calendar. On the pop up menu I originally found my Phone Calendar checked. I checked the @gmail.com and all was fixed

OP
G

golferklr

Reaction score
I finally figured it out with no real help from Verizon. I got everything working for now. I had a bad Sims card. After four new phones they all did the same thing after that update to the Jelly Bean operating system. The last phone screwed up my memory card that was brand new wouldn't allow me to access it. Put a new Sims card in everything works.

Spaceman74

Reaction score
Yikes. I just joined the forum to solve this identical problem, although I have the Droid Razr. Hard to believe it's a hardware problem.