Google Calendar Tasks

lalala11

Reaction score
I can't get Tasks on Google Calendar to show up on my calendar. It syncs my default calendar and two others that I created, but not Tasks. Is there any way to do this?

mg8199

Reaction score
Are you trying to sync your tasks (desktop calendar) to your phone? You need a task app like Astrid to do that. As far as I know there is no stock "task" function. Then again, I don't have the Droid Pro. I have the original Droid.

OP
L

lalala11

Reaction score
Yes. When I go to Google Calendar on my computer, I have a Tasks calendar. When I use Google Calendar on my phone, I do not. Why can't Google make its own two products compatible without requiring a third party? I want it all in one calendar, just like on my desktop. Why is that so hard?

Thanks, though. Trying Gtasks and Astrid.

Actually, I think I found a better work-around. Just make a new calendar designated to tasks rather than using Tasks itself. It would be nice if it would just work in a way that makes sense, though.

mg8199

Reaction score
Yeah, Google needs to make a few tweaks to their task/next meeting functions in their calendar. Good luck.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Actually, I think I found a better work-around. Just make a new calendar designated to tasks rather than using Tasks itself. It would be nice if it would just work in a way that makes sense, though.

I did the same thing. It's silly that the "official" tasks calendar doesn't sync.

Bluewish

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to open a new calendar for the tasks but I did not find how to do it.
Can you please explain how to open this calendar?
Thanks!

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
I just use the GTasks widget. Works so long as it isn't moved to SD. Displays kind of like an agenda...which is what I use tasks for.

But yeah, Google's task feature is pretty barren and really not horribly user friendly. I feel as though I've seen some 3rd party calendars that show tasks on the market, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my ERIS GSBv2.0 using DroidForums App

OP
L

lalala11

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to open a new calendar for the tasks but I did not find how to do it.
Can you please explain how to open this calendar?
Thanks!

On my computer, I went to Google Calendar. On the left side, it says "My Calendars." One should be your email address and the other says Tasks. Because Tasks does not sync, I clicked Add under that list and created my own calendar. Now, for my school assignments, I just create an Event and either make it All Day so it shows at the top of the desktop calendar or put the time as the time of the class when it is due.

The only thing that's annoying about making it all day is that once the day rolls around, it does not appear on the calendar widget on my phone. However, if it is set for a time, it displays like any normal event.