Google Calendar SMS Alerts?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I have tried so many calendar apps in the last 24 hours that I now know less than I did when I started.

My mother just passed away and I am having to take care of her things from here on out and it is monumental. What I am looking for is a calendar app that syncs with Google and will send me reminders via SMS instead of email.

I'm sure it's right under my nose but can someone point me to one that works well like this?

Thanks

pjschaffer

Reaction score
I assume your using Google Calendar? If so, SMS notification is already built in. Go to Google Calendar and click Settings and then Calendar Settings. Click on Mobile Setup and setup your phone. Once that is done, click on Settings --> Calendar Setup --> Calendars and then Notifications for the calendar with the events you want to be notified of. Set the Event Reminders info to whatever you want. You should now get SMS messages according to the schedule you set. This can also be overriden in the the event details under reminders so make sure any existing events have a reminder set to notify you.