Google Calendar Not Syncing with Calendar App

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Just as the subject says I am having issues syncing Google Calendar to the Calendar app.... I have my accounts synced and it says it is displaying my calendar "[email protected]" account...... Am I missing something here?

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Ok so now I decide to load up my Google Calendar in the Browser....... and there my things from the app show. BUT when I load Google Calendar on a PC, it does not show the events entered from my phone. What's going on here?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so now I decide to load up my Google Calendar in the Browser....... and there my things from the app show. BUT when I load Google Calendar on a PC, it does not show the events entered from my phone. What's going on here?

I believe you may have to set a "two way" synch. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I seem to recall that when I set up my calendaring. I now have an Outlook calendar that synchs with my Google calendar and my Droid.

Another possibility is that if you have multiple calendars your Droid is writing to the wrong one.

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
That's the thing though, I dont have multiple Calendars...

H-man

Reaction score
Unexpected,

If you've still facing calendar sync-ing problems, try these steps:

[This one is thanks to the Google forum]
1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Press < Menu >, the select "Filter."
5. Select "Running."
6. Select Calendar Storage
7. Press "Clear data."
8. Wait for everything to re-sync.

[This one I figured out on my own]
If you don't see "Calendar Storage" as an application to filter, then:

1. Press your device's < Home > button.
2. Press <Settings>.
3. Press "Accounts & sync".
4. Touch/select the name of your gmail account.
You should see "Sync Calendar" checked off. If not, select for it to do so.
6. Wait for everything to re-sync.

After the 2nd set of steps, my Droid calender app was sync-ed with my on-line Google calendar and I was able to see "Calendar Storage" among the running apps.

Ciao

jcrocks

Reaction score
Events entered in my Droid GCalendar does not synch with PC Gcalendar

Unexpected,

If you've still facing calendar sync-ing problems, try these steps:

[This one is thanks to the Google forum]
1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Press < Menu >, the select "Filter."
5. Select "Running."
6. Select Calendar Storage
7. Press "Clear data."
8. Wait for everything to re-sync.

[This one I figured out on my own]
If you don't see "Calendar Storage" as an application to filter, then:

1. Press your device's < Home > button.
2. Press <Settings>.
3. Press "Accounts & sync".
4. Touch/select the name of your gmail account.
You should see "Sync Calendar" checked off. If not, select for it to do so.
6. Wait for everything to re-sync.

After the 2nd set of steps, my Droid calender app was sync-ed with my on-line Google calendar and I was able to see "Calendar Storage" among the running apps.

Ciao

Mr. H-Man. I have somewhat of a similar problem. Droid inputted event does not synch/appear in my PC GCalendar. It does though vice-versa. I performed your second process above but still did not see the "test event", I inputted in Droid, when I go to my PC GCalendar. Any thoughts? Thanks.

lizjack

Reaction score
Thank you!

Dear H-man,

Thank you so much for posting the info on how to clear the Droid's calendar storage.

I've had my Droid for 4 months, and, after figuring out the basics, my the Calendar app was working seamlessly with Google Calendar. I keep 10 different calendars running and all have been working. (Thank you, Google for color coding and the week view!)

Today, however, one of my calendars didn't show up at all--unfortunately it had all of my appointments with clients! Thankfully, I could find them when I looked at Google calendar through my browser, but I certainly don't want to have to do that on a regular basis.

Your directions on clearing the calendar storage and then the re-sync worked to get all of my current appointments back on my droid.

Thank you!

H-man

Reaction score
Mr. H-Man. I have somewhat of a similar problem. Droid inputted event does not synch/appear in my PC GCalendar. It does though vice-versa. I performed your second process above but still did not see the "test event", I inputted in Droid, when I go to my PC GCalendar. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hey there Jcrocks! My most humble applepolly oggies for not replying sooner. If you still have the problem I can only think of the following to suggest at this time. (1) when you "Synch Calendar" as in the 2nd series of steps, it should read "synch is ON". I just want to be sure my loose turn of phrase about the synch being "checked off" didn't mislead you; and (2) perform the 1st series of steps to clear your storage and re-synch the data.

Pls let us all know if this helped or you found another solution.

jcrocks

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, H-Man!. I believe that I have done both steps, 1, Clear Calendar data; Turn phone off; Then back on to re-synch with the Web plus 2, Home/Settings/Data and Synch/checked Sync Calendar/Synch now. Still nothing synched. I realize that it might take sometime to synch but it has been days, actually weeks, and nothing changes. THE GMAIL CALENDAR IS NOT POPULATING THE INCREDIBLE GMAIL CALENDAR! Puzzling? If you have other thoughts, please share it. Thanks for the effort. The solution may be staring me in the face. Just could not see it. Much obliged!

theneome

Reaction score
Calendar not syncing to your phone and vice versa?

I have the answer! I've had the same problem. I would create events and appointments on my phone and my google calendar but I could never get the two to sync. I finally found the answer on a website.

If you open the "Power Control" app on to one of your home screens*, you'll see 5 icons. The second icon from the right enables/disables "Syncing". If its disabled, then thats what your problem was. =)

*open the "Power Control" app by navigating to a window screen that has 1 row of room available, long press in the open row then select "Android widgets". You'll find the "Power Control" widget in the list.

rowdymom

Reaction score
I created events in my outlook calendar, I need to move them to my gmail calender. How do I do that? Do I have to re-create them or can they be moved?

rpetronk

Reaction score
an event entered into the phone doesn't show up in the PC calendar

Great tips from previous notes; but after all that, still no sync!

Although I figured it out. In my phone in the "add event" screen, in Calendar" pulldown "PC Sync" was selected. All I had to do was select username@gmail DUH!